Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question New to me Riso FR3950 not feeding paper to drum

Hello,

As the title states, I'm having issues with my FR3950 feeding paper. The paper pulls through the first section correctly, then seems like it stops either right before or at the pressure roller. Then I get the PAPER JAM CHECK PAPERFEED AREA error message. Sometimes the paper makes it through a little further and I get the PAPER JAM ON DRUM REMOVEPAPER message. Does anyone have issues with anything like this? I'm thinking it might be the pressuree roller or solenoid, or maybe I need to adjust something, but I'm not sure where to start.

Some background: I recently purchased a Riso FR3950 from a printer friend of mine who didn't have time to use it. He said it was giving him paper jam errors and didn't have the knowledge or time to learn how to fix it.

When I brought it back to my studio and started work on it, I noticed the timing seemed off, so using the technical manual I adjusted the gears so that all alignment holes match and the cam roller/carrier are at the correct distance. That helped a bit and made the machine at least pull paper in, but it's still not being pulled around the drum. Out of around 30 tries, I had two sheets actually print in the right spot, 4 sheets print half off the page, and the rest run through blank or with a streak of ink.

I checked the technical manual again to research the pressure roller and it's system, but it seems like all of the technical manuals I've found are missing that chapter? Does anyone have access to that chapter?

Thanks in advance, I did a lot of prep work to get this printer and studio set up, and I'm eager to start work!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    New to me Riso FR3950 not feeding paper to drum

Re: New to me Riso FR3950 not feeding paper to drum

Post your Riso problems in the Digital Duplicator forum. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/digital-duplicators/