Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Open-source drivers

Re: Open-source drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    After reading mikrev comments after many tried to help him, I thought to myself, gee, what an a-hole. His completely condescending comments mix in with a good portion of tin-foil hat paranoia (to me) is a bit off the charts. I mean, if he truly wants a printer that wont send info back to the manufacture, go get a movable type press.

But now that I have had time to think about it, I just feel sorry for the guy. What a world he chooses to live in.

We should leave this post up as a reminder of how not to be.

That is what I think. Now I'm gonna leave this string alone.
    Hell if he is concerned about ET phone home, just don't connect it to anything connected to the internet or a phone line.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    After reading mikrev comments after many tried to help him, I thought to myself, gee, what an a-hole. His completely condescending comments mix in with a good portion of tin-foil hat paranoia (to me) is a bit off the charts. I mean, if he truly wants a printer that wont send info back to the manufacture, go get a movable type press.

But now that I have had time to think about it, I just feel sorry for the guy. What a world he chooses to live in.

We should leave this post up as a reminder of how not to be

That is what I think. Now I'm gonna leave this string alone.
    And you think right 👍
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

If you install the printer driver in RAW mode, it won't notify anyone about the process or its status.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Open-source drivers

Quote Originally Posted by mikrev View Post
    And if you select no, does it still send some information? is it possible to use it without giving it any connectivity to the internet? My HP printer refuses to work after a while if I take internet away from it.
    whats the point of having the option to select no if it's still gonna send info? the info it does send, when it is sent is only giving an idea of the usage of the machine. if it were actually giving personal data, how long do you think they would remain in business?