Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

End user looking for warehouse printer

Hi,

I work IT in a warehouse and I'm looking for printers that are better suited for the environment. We had 3 Brother HL-L6400DW printers that are not lasting more than 2 years in the warehouse.

• Print volume is ~2500 pg/mo, but it's more like <1000 pg/mo during fall/winter and >5000 pg/mo during spring/summer
    • Brother printer would overheat during hot summer days, the warehouse only has ceiling fans, no A/C
    • The Brother printers would start to show print quality issues after ~15,000 pages. The longest lasting Brother printed 60,000 pages.

My questions are:

1. Is warehouse use just going to kill the printer no matter which make/model I get?
    2. I asked local printer service companies and they would quote me lease + service contract on Canon DX / Kyocera TA MFP monochrome printers because these larger printers are supposedly more tough. Is this true?
    3. What type of printers should I look for if I want to get away from disposable desktop printers?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: End user looking for warehouse printer

Quote Originally Posted by printer_destroyer View Post
    Hi,
    I asked local printer service companies and they would quote me lease + service contract on Canon DX / Kyocera TA MFP monochrome printers because these larger printers are supposedly more tough. Is this true?
    Good idea, the Canon iR ADV DX C359 is a very reliable machine. It easily does 5.000 pages a month.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

yes the warehouse is just gonna kill them whatever brand you get. exposure to dust and the weather is gonna eat them up.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I have had good luck with Lexmark XM5270 50 ppm industrial printers in warehouse environments. The print counts often get up into 200-300k+.

High toner yields, low cost per print, long life consummables, do not seem effected by dust and temperature. Toshiba and Lexmark BSD dealers can support this product.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 12-06-2023 at 12:24 AM.