Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Nethawk software is just the driver for the cable, NO any usb to parallel will not work, only parallel or the nethawk cable work with the SST. The nethawk cable has a chip in it that communicates with the SST and the copier, you can us a PCMCIA to parallel card to flash the copiers, the newest version of the SST V4.04 does not support parallel at all with Vista

rmcarthur

Hawking USB to Parallel

Can anyone confirm if the Hawking Technology USB to Parallel converter will work with the Canon SST. Has anyone been able to use any other converter besides the Nethawk? I am unable to track down a Nethawk.

Thanks, Rob

BLITZKREAGG

NETHAWK

It does not work with the canon sst it has its own software. but on the other note i just recently spoke to a canon engineer and he informed me that canon will in fact be coming out with some more nethawk cables in the near future.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    That is fine if they come out with more nethawk cables, that is great if you have XP, the new service support tool DOES NOT SUPPORT flashing with parallel or with the nethawk cable.

With connected USB-RS232 cable, you must check the com-port number in device manager.
    Then you must set the com port in sst, System Management/Com Port Select.