Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: 1985-1990 Copier Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I am intrigued with this post, what do you need this copier for, I'm guessing a film shoot?

From your specification I would suggest the Canon PC 7.

Attachment 49267
    Thanks! I am looking for something that would have been larger with the paper trays on the right and the output tray on the left. The machine I am also after would have the 11 inch side of paper coming out first rather than the 8 1/2 inch side. I did have a Canon PC6RE many years back and it was quite a nice machine. I am mostly looking for something for nostalgic purposes and not for a photo shoot or anything.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skukan View Post
    That is definitely part of it. I am mostly after something in my collection that I remember in a school. I am somewhat recreating a collection of old office equipment - a 3M Thermofax to make spirit duplicating masters, a Standard spirit duplicating machine, and now I am after the B/W copier. I am most after these specs because of nostalgia and not for any type of photo shoot or such. It's just an odd collection I am working on.

At one time I had ALL of that and wish I had kept one working model of everything. When we moved to a larger building it all got tossed.

I had cases of AB Dick spirit duplicator fluid that I took home to start fires. I started fires I always gave it a sniff to remind me of my school days. Not that I sniffed the stuff but I did sniff the papers the teacher handed out like every other kid.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    1985-1990 Copier Wanted

Here is a Minolta 420, only difference is trays. There was a 410 before this. Use to work on these they worked very well.

Minolta EP 520 Copier - YouTube

There was a Canon NP 400 also.

Xerox and Canon had models like you are looking for also. I remember that timed thermal 3M copier that used one sheet at a time, not much went bad on that but that was older.

Did you want the units to work? Also where do you find space to put this Junk ).

Did you say you were in USA or not I forget.

Post some pictures of your other units, maybe someone can start post with pictures of old units we run into for fun!

Thanks for intriguing us.

If you post pictures start a post stating its pictures of old office equipment.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

20210527_154200.jpg

I tried to throw this away but pops dropped by and put a stop to it. I suggested he take it home but that hasn't happened.

He has took up repairing antique clocks when he retired and now the front of the building is filled with over 100 clocks. When he gets bored he shows up and winds them all up and sets them to the correct time. I get to listen to them chime, cuckoo and ding for days. Someday it will all be MINE!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    1985-1990 Copier Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by skukan View Post
    Thanks! I am looking for something that would have been larger with the paper trays on the right and the output tray on the left. The machine I am also after would have the 11 inch side of paper coming out first rather than the 8 1/2 inch side. I did have a Canon PC6RE many years back and it was quite a nice machine. I am mostly looking for something for nostalgic purposes and not for a photo shoot or anything.
    The Mita DC-313Z or ZD still qualifies. Here's the photo from the brochure:

Mita DC-313Z.jpg

The brochure is a bit too large to attach here.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    1985-1990 Copier Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    Please view this ad:

Photo Copier FREE to uplift,
    Photo Copier FREE to uplift | in Musselburgh, East Lothian | Gumtree
    Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    I don't know where your located but that's one I've never seen before. Can only imagine it's from that time period.
    That's actually WAY to new for him. I sold a couple of those units brand new around 1997-98
    (Further information he's since provided indicates it's not quite the right style anyway)