Thread: Pinball!

Technician

Pinball!

With the release of Stern's latest machine based on The Mandalorian, just wondering if anyone else suffers from Pinballus Addictus?

I got my first machine a couple of years ago - an Iron Man table, but definitely won't be the last. Also quite enjoy the virtual stuff on PC but it's just not the same...

Jealous of those in the States, as it seems most places over there I've visited they still seem very popular in bars and stuff

Re: Pinball!

Quote Originally Posted by ToniYork View Post
    Unfortunately, they are becoming a rarity in bars in the U.S. as well.
    I’m pretty new to pinball; Iron Maiden is my home pin. I play a couple of games (at least) daily, but I have a very hard time getting above the 300-400M range. I know how to increase that range, but it generally eludes me. Would you consider 400M a respectable score for this pin, or am I still stuck in little league?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by GlasenbergDyson View Post
    I’m pretty new to pinball; Iron Maiden is my home pin. I play a couple of games (at least) daily, but I have a very hard time getting above the 300-400M range. I know how to increase that range, but it generally eludes me. Would you consider 400M a respectable score for this pin, or am I still stuck in little league?
    I've not played a ton of Maiden, but it certainly sounds a good score to me

I'm a sucker for not stalling and taking time to line stuff up... I reckon if you have the patience to play like the pros any score's possible

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Pinball!

I haven't played much virtual pinball recently but I've been wanting to learn more about Future Pinball and the installation process. Keep in mind, there's different levels to the games. They can be very simple or complex and getting them to work can take some trial and error.

So, yesterday I attempted to install Star Wars. This is a Future Pinball table, not VPX. I worked off and on the past 2 days and it's now working. It's incredible.

Take a look at the graphics.

Growth is found only in adversity.

Pinball!

Okay, here's a video recording of the same game on my table. I have all the addressable LED's and options. Check it out. I was playing with one hand and holding the phone in the other.

Pinball!

I knew that I should have never started on Future Pinball. It took 2-days to get one game working. The problem is that every game has a different configuration and it involves changing the programming script. And the changes must match the hardware used in the pinball cabinet. I think I'm just tired of learning new shit. This stuff is keeping me up at night and I'm not one to give up until I figure it out. Oh well. Rant off.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I knew that I should have never started on Future Pinball. It took 2-days to get one game working. The problem is that every game has a different configuration and it involves changing the programming script. And the changes must match the hardware used in the pinball cabinet. I think I'm just tired of learning new shit. This stuff is keeping me up at night and I'm not one to give up until I figure it out. Oh well. Rant off.
    Machine looks great though, glad you've kept up with it I just went to the UK PinFest a couple weekends ago and got the itch again to buy another. Now I need to find a massive house and 5 grand...