Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Graphic Card for 4k?

Re: Graphic Card for 4k?

Here's another view of the completed VP table.

Growth is found only in adversity.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

Not sure about the 4k thing but I got into this at the beginning of the year, Was at Sam's club of all things and they had a virtual pinball game from ATGames. Did some research and found you can mod them so I have been doing that. Upgraded all the buttons to gold plated leaf switches , upgraded the haptic/sound system. Just got into the pc side of things. I took it off of the internal control and have a gaming pc running the tables through it now. Got a bunch of other stuff to do but it really pretty fun to do. Its smaller than a normal size pinball so great for anyone with some space issues and a great way to get into this hobby.

Graphic Card for 4k?

Quote Originally Posted by masterchill View Post
    Not sure about the 4k thing but I got into this at the beginning of the year, Was at Sam's club of all things and they had a virtual pinball game from ATGames. Did some research and found you can mod them so I have been doing that. Upgraded all the buttons to gold plated leaf switches , upgraded the haptic/sound system. Just got into the pc side of things. I took it off of the internal control and have a gaming pc running the tables through it now. Got a bunch of other stuff to do but it really pretty fun to do. Its smaller than a normal size pinball so great for anyone with some space issues and a great way to get into this hobby.

There are several commercial built virtual pinball machines on the market that can be modded. I decided against going that route as I wanted all the bells & whistles. My build has just about everything that you can imagine - shaker motor, 11-solenoids, stepper motor, addressable LED's that work via triggers, 150 watt Kenwood amp, 6-inch Memphis speakers and a 16-inch Klipsch powered Subwoofer, 2 sirens. Customer blower motor that works off triggers. Custom graphics and powder coating. And then there's the custom built gaming PC. Custom AC/DC graphics. LED buttons. I'm sure I'm leaving something out. The sound system is so good that it could be used as a juke box.

Note: It was also a pain to build as I had no idea what I was doing. Sometimes when I look at it, I can't believe I built it. It's the most impressive thing in my game room.

Graphic Card for 4k?

PS - Here's the VP machine that I attempted to copy. IMO, this is the best VP company in the world. This machine costs about 8k if you order one from Australia. I built mine for about half that. I think. I lost track of cost.

Theirs:

Mine: