Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Shadow of Mordor

Shadow of Mordor

Got it for sale from Nuuvem for $30 US. Much better than the $60 release price tag! I'm absolutely enthralled with this game and I've only been at it a couple of hours.

Anyone else jump on this bandwagon yet?

P.S. high res textures kick ass.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: Shadow of Mordor

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Got it for sale from Nuuvem for $30 US. Much better than the $60 release price tag! I'm absolutely enthralled with this game and I've only been at it a couple of hours.

Anyone else jump on this bandwagon yet?

P.S. high res textures kick ass.
    Just checked it out on Steam yesterday.. Probably going to get it on sale in a few weeks. I think I might get into this more than I did Skyrim, as this seems more battle/action based. And its Orcs from LOTR..

Looks like it will be a blast.

Finished the game way to quickly but there is a lot you can go back and complete! Over all, takes what Batman did right and improved on it. Great game play, and story is excellent, ties in nicely to the saga.

My Alienware takes good care of it but with every thing at ultra during intense combat I get a slight lag, which surprises me because my rig is pretty damn solid.

One of the best games I played in the genre this year, but still waiting on DragonAge and The Witcher 3, can't wait to see how it will hold up!

Killing a fat Urik has never felt so good.

Shadow of Mordor

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    Just checked it out on Steam yesterday.. Probably going to get it on sale in a few weeks. I think I might get into this more than I did Skyrim, as this seems more battle/action based. And its Orcs from LOTR..

Looks like it will be a blast.
    I can attest, it's very much a good fun game. I haven't bought the DLC packs yet but they look like they add an interesting touch to the core game.

I still think Nuuvem is selling it cheaper than Steam. Arm yourself with Google Translate and snag a copy for $10 off even the Steam sale price.

Shadow of Mordor

Quote Originally Posted by Josh93 View Post
    Finished the game way to quickly but there is a lot you can go back and complete! Over all, takes what Batman did right and improved on it. Great game play, and story is excellent, ties in nicely to the saga.

My Alienware takes good care of it but with every thing at ultra during intense combat I get a slight lag, which surprises me because my rig is pretty damn solid.

One of the best games I played in the genre this year, but still waiting on DragonAge and The Witcher 3, can't wait to see how it will hold up!

Killing a fat Urik has never felt so good.
    Agree with the first part of your statement. It's like the Arkham series met with Assassin's Creed and made this beautiful love child.

Alienware... 'Nuff said. You pay for a brand name and some nifty covers and decals; no different from an Apple product. I built my PC cheaper than any Alienware pc and it handles everything up to 100+ fps in HDMI2 (3840 x 2160) including ultra resolution patch.

If you were to look up the individual pieces in that Alienware PC you'll find you overpaid by about $400 minimum.

Akitu ^^ I know haha, but the Apple comparison was a bit whack man, apple do not even attempt to make gaming PC's, and are just as over priced as the the Alienware line, in fact I think the worst thing a consumer can possibly do is buy any kind of Apple PC. Its just dumb, my fiance wanted a Macbook, instead I brought her a sleek Dell for a fraction of the price and just ran a Mac OS along side 8. Or you can just partition the whole drive and run Lion or what ever silly name they give them exclusively.

Apple just want your money, they refuse to make compatible software, they will not release their OS to other brands, and overcharge significantly for a glowing Apple.. At least the Alien lights up different colors.

Also you could not fit a GTX 880 in a mac

How ever I got mine for free, and top of the line to, whilst I was studying game development at UNI, the Alienware may be over priced, but they are bloody solid rigs, a lot of other machines have over heating issues, (Its a laptop, MX18) But the Alien seems to be stable, I had another laptop, i7, 4gb dedicated, and it actually BURNT out! ($1300) down the drain..

Plus, its got "over one trillion color combinations" <(Their major selling point lol)

And yeah it is very very Assassins Creedish!

Shadow of Mordor

Quote Originally Posted by Josh93 View Post
    Akitu ^^ I know haha, but the Apple comparison was a bit whack man, apple do not even attempt to make gaming PC's, and are just as over priced as the the Alienware line, in fact I think the worst thing a consumer can possibly do is buy any kind of Apple PC. Its just dumb, my fiance wanted a Macbook, instead I brought her a sleek Dell for a fraction of the price and just ran a Mac OS along side 8. Or you can just partition the whole drive and run Lion or what ever silly name they give them exclusively.

Apple just want your money, they refuse to make compatible software, they will not release their OS to other brands, and overcharge significantly for a glowing Apple.. At least the Alien lights up different colors.

Also you could not fit a GTX 880 in a mac

How ever I got mine for free, and top of the line to, whilst I was studying game development at UNI, the Alienware may be over priced, but they are bloody solid rigs, a lot of other machines have over heating issues, (Its a laptop, MX18) But the Alien seems to be stable, I had another laptop, i7, 4gb dedicated, and it actually BURNT out! ($1300) down the drain..

Plus, its got "over one trillion color combinations" <(Their major selling point lol)

And yeah it is very very Assassins Creedish!
    My comparison to Apple was the fact you pay for a brand name. I wouldn't dream of calling an Apple product powerful in any sense unless speaking about graphic design etc., in which case I would wholeheartedly endorse them all day.

If you got it free, can't really complain about that; but was it actually free or did it come as part of your course cost?

I have an Asus G75VW ROG laptop and it does just fine for most games still, only a 660m card but i7 core with 12gb RAM isn't too shabby. No overheating issues at all as long as it gets the routine maintenance like any other pc should.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's getting some good reviews. Monolith did well. I think I finished it in a little under 20 hours or so, 30 for finding all the collectibles, and doing every side quest.

Loved the fact you can manipulate Uruk hierarchy. Gaining control of several Uruk Captains, and making them bodyguards to a Warchief, then telling them all to kill him while you watch.

Late game is a bit easy though. You become so powerful with the shadowstrike and combat drains. Still, solid game.

viveksharma

Had a call a couple of weeks ago for a copy quality issue at a municipal customer and found a broken charge wire on the grid of a Kyocera 5050. The charge grid was replaced and the unit thoroughly cleaned, including the wiper on the registration roller. The unit was coming due for a PM so informed the customer we would be back the next day to do the full PM. Since they were in the midst of they budget cycle they requested that we delay it for a few days until they were done printing their budgets and proposals. OK! Returned 3 days later as requested to do the PM and found the paper dust accumulated on the registration roller cleaning assembly as shown in the attached pix. They had run 6,300 pages in the three days and this is what it looked like. We also have had an increase in the number of calls for "squeaks" only to clean bushings of "paper dust" and re-lube them to solve the squeak.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

regards
    jessica patel
    best Assignment writing service uk