Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP 3525dn Now not a duplex?

Hi all,
    after fixing the non printing of cyan we now have an issue with it not registering as a duplex printer.
    Used to be before a firmware update,carried out to see if that would fix the cyan issue (It didn't!) But after we now have no duplex setting on the printer itself. With the printer driver you can select it but it doesn't alter anything and it doesn't duplex.
    So far tried different formatter boards from a cp3525x and cp3525dn. They both don't show as a duplex either.However when you put these boards back they are both duplex and selectable.
    So purchased a replacement formatter,no change other than on screen message read "restoring".
    Afterwards still no duplex available and still had to select via windows and it does not help either.
    So purchased brand new DC Controller board,fitted and fitted cp3525x's formatter - followed Printerdude's advise and powered on for 10 mins,powered off for 10 mins etc,etc.
    Still not showing as a duplex on screen?

Have checked,checked and checked again all connections,manually tested duplex motor,solenoid and clutch rev solenoid via screen component tests. All works and no codes raised.
    So is there a helpful HP tech who can shed some light as where to go now?
    If the duplex drive and reverse gear on right door is there plus the solenoid surly the board's should self detect that there fitted?
    If not what on earth have got to do?
    Puzzles me no end I can tell you. Will be pulling all the duplex cables and checking continuity on Friday afternoon,though the upper HV board could be problematic!

So other idea's anyone.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 3525dn Now not a duplex?

Re: HP 3525dn Now not a duplex?

Might have to contact HP tech support on that one. Did you read the "readme" file prior to installing firmware? Did it say anything about removing options prior to install? Changing DC Controller and the Formatter is probably not going too help you unless you get a used matched set (that is from the same printer) and install them at the same time. I would check with HP tech support (highest tier can get to) and see if they have a workaround.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Technician

Re: HP 3525dn Now not a duplex?

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Might have to contact HP tech support on that one. Did you read the "readme" file prior to installing firmware? Did it say anything about removing options prior to install? Changing DC Controller and the Formatter is probably not going too help you unless you get a used matched set (that is from the same printer) and install them at the same time. I would check with HP tech support (highest tier can get to) and see if they have a workaround.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Cheer's prntrfxr!

Thank's to you it led me to re-install ALL the original parts removed during the foray in to finding out why it wouldn't
    print cyan (See my other post) Well all except the laser scanners.
    So that's the original formatter board,the original Inter-connect board and finally the DC controller board.

And hey presto 'smoke me a kipper,I'll be back for breakfast'.......we now have a colour laser jet that actually duplex's as well.

Wanna know which part finally made the difference? Would you believe the Inter-connect board!?
    When you look at it,there's not much really on it....except one chip....which I assume must hold the model details,i.e.
    Either a 3525n,3525dn or 3525x printer.

Though fitting a new boxed inter-connect board would lose this setting beat's me.....what happens if that board goes down for real then? Hope I never find out.
    So thank's to all have replied to trying to help fathom this out....much appreciated!

My next post will contain details of how to strip and re-assemble the cp3525's MDA and correctly align it with the missing bit from the Service manual.Hopefully will include photo's.

Cheer's all.......:-)

Gus633.