Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    HP Color 4700 Halftone Calibration Error

I have a 4700 giving me a halftone calibration error and I'm not really sure what to do about it. The event log shows 54.0C.00, 54.0C.01, 54.0C.02, and 54.0C.03. Print quality is perfect, supplies are OEM, the diagnostics page looks great. This is my only 4700 out there so other than changing the carts and transfer belt I haven't had to do anything to it. Any ideas would be great. The page count is 375,000
    Thanks for the help, Jim

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP Color 4700 Halftone Calibration Error

Quote Originally Posted by allstar59 View Post
    I have a 4700 giving me a halftone calibration error and I'm not really sure what to do about it. The event log shows 54.0C.00, 54.0C.01, 54.0C.02, and 54.0C.03. Print quality is perfect, supplies are OEM, the diagnostics page looks great. This is my only 4700 out there so other than changing the carts and transfer belt I haven't had to do anything to it. Any ideas would be great. The page count is 375,000
    Thanks for the help, Jim
    do a nvram reset(get nic data and print config page before reset) then go into menus and do a full calibration, if errors continue, check color reg sensors( i think they are on top of paper feed unit were transfer belt picks up paper. Also transfer belt unit may not fully engage when color reg/adjustments are being done. sometimes you can tell if belt is having issue by either light prints or missing color or if you see faint color patches on back of your prints. hp has some kind of tech bulletin for this from around 2005 or 2006 ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: HP Color 4700 Halftone Calibration Error

Thanks for the info, I'll go try the reset. I also I saw that memo but the prints look fine and the back is clean. Here's a photo of the diagnostic page. Maybe I'm missing something but it looks really good. Thanks for the reply, Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images