Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 13.a2.d2 hp4555

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

13.a2.d2 hp4555

Having a issue with this one, the paper will jam in between the feed and sep rollers, so far the cassette has been replaced, the pickup assembly, the drive motor and assembly as well. Seems as though it will run for a few dozen prints then jam more often. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    13.a2.d2  hp4555

Re: 13.a2.d2 hp4555

Hmmmmmm. Typically this error is a bad paper pickup assembly. Had an M651 coding with similar/same code. Found a broken part on the paper pickup assembly. Worked fine after replacing it. Nothing on CSN. It was a NEW pickup assembly?

Yes, I confirmed it was new, I put one in 3 months ago myself, seemed to test fine, then another tech went back for the same jam code earlier this month and replaced the same, so this is really a mystery. The main motor and drive assembly has also been replaced. I wonder if the cassette could be a issue as it has a few deep paper scratches on it, I can't recall if we put a new one in or swapped out a used cassette, thinking used as there is a few gouges.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    13.a2.d2  hp4555

I think I seem to remember this or similar code on an M880. That turned out to be bad paper in the tray.

I believe paper quality is a issue here, but they have 50 of these things on three office floors and only this one is giving this issue, the others behave as you would expect depending on the amount of life left on the kit, or were fixed with a pickup assembly. I changed the motor, and noticed a plug for the pickup assembly seemed loose, however I think the main culprit was the heavily gouged cassette, I went back with a new one after swapping cassette 2 for 3, and they had no jams since. These paper gouges were a issue years ago, but I did see a Canon finisher with the same issue recently. Thanks for the help and replies!