Technician

Question Is there difference between TECHNICIAN Manual versus Service Manual?

I've heard many get really excited when someone offered up a link to an HP L25500 "Technician Manual" over at another website/forum. Well that link expired and I see the Service Manual PDF for the L25500 is all over the place very easy to download if you just google "hp l25500 service manual", so my question is if the Technician Manual is really something different and "more detailed" and informative than the "Service Manual" for HP Designjet plotters/printers etc. So any diff. between Technician vs Service?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Is there difference between TECHNICIAN Manual versus Service Manual?

Yes, they are two different manuals. One is the basic service and parts manual the other is a more in depth Maintenance and troubleshooting guide.

Technician

Hi Gene,
    Thanks for letting me know, I was beginning to think that "Service Manual" was the same thing as "Technician Manual" so its definitely great to hear that there is indeed an even more informative and useful Technical manual out there, looks like I definitely need to go search for those Technician Manuals. Thanks!

Technician

This has turned into some interesting Ping-Pong At another forum others also agreed that the "Technician Manual" is more informative than the "Service Manual" but when I asked to see one such example of the "Technician Manual" I was then sent a LINK to a URL with PDF of the "Service Manual"

So I am beginning to think that in fact there IS NO DIFFERENCE and that there is no special "TECHNICIAN Manual" that is any different than the easily found "Service Manual" pdfs that are all over the internet if you just google "HP designjet Service Manual" or HP L25500 Service Manual etc.

I'd still love to be proven wrong but so far no one has provided an example of a "Technician Manual" that either says/writes "Technician Manual" at the top of it instead of "Service Manual" or that is any different than the "Service Manuals" all over the place/internet.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Is there difference between TECHNICIAN Manual versus Service Manual?

From the Channel Services Network, there is only a SERVICE MANUAL. I've been working on HP printers for many years and have never heard of a TECHNICIAN MANUAL. There are Software Reference Manuals which talk more in depth about how the driver and software works, but, I've never seen a technician manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The Technician Manual everyone refers to is actually called "HP Designjet L25500 printer series
    Maintenance and troubleshooting guide (first edition)" I have it. It is not the service manual.

Technician

Question Re: Is there difference between TECHNICIAN Manual versus Service Manual?

Thanks to Gene! He sent me that troubleshooting guide! Yep its different than the usual service manual.Lance, I never heard there was a "Software Reference Manual" and I would definitely be interested in seeing one for any of the HP designjets (especially z6100 or z3100/z3200/otherZseries or L-series L25500/L25600/etc)
    Last edited by tinkerprinter; 06-24-2018 at 11:00 PM.