Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leading edge folded on M712

I've got an HP M712 that's folding the leading edge of the paper right in the middle. The fold is about 1/8" deep and 1.5" wide. It happens randomly to about 5% of sheets, and only from tray 2.

I know it's happening at the separation roller, but I don't know why. The feed and sep parts have been replaced (twice). It's happened with two brands of perfectly normal 20lb bond paper, including freshly unwrapped stock.

I'm the third tech on this machine and it's got me stumped. Have any of you seen this?

IMG_2577.jpg

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Leading edge folded on M712

Re: Leading edge folded on M712

Quote Originally Posted by pebkac View Post
    I've got an HP M712 that's folding the leading edge of the paper right in the middle. The fold is about 1/8" deep and 1.5" wide. It happens randomly to about 5% of sheets, and only from tray 2.
    I know it's happening at the separation roller, but I don't know why. The feed and sep parts have been replaced (twice). It's happened with two brands of perfectly normal 20lb bond paper, including freshly unwrapped stock.
    I'm the third tech on this machine and it's got me stumped. Have any of you seen this?IMG_2577.jpg
    sounds like you could have something in the registration area or vertical transport ( label ect ) have you done a STOP test to see where it is bending the paper?

It's happening at the separation roller in tray 2.

I actually got lucky and opened the tray to find a sheet parked against the separation roller with the edge curled downward. No jam or anything, it was just the top of the stack.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Did you check the ream of paper in tray 2 for folded paper. Have seen paper either crease or folded right out it the package. Also, check the tray paper length/width guide is set correctly.
    Last edited by Printerdude; 06-28-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Printerdude View Post
    Did you check the ream of paper in tray 2 for folded paper. Have seen paper either crease or folded right out it the package. Also, check the tray paper length/width guide is set correctly.
    Paper's clean; I loaded fresh stock from the middle of an unopened ream to make sure it wasn't a humidity issue or something. Guides are all functional and set correctly. Lift plate isn't bent. Lift mechanism works. Tray alignment pins are intact. I've been pretty thorough.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

maybe start by just replacing the paper tray.

Technician

I've got one doing exactly the same thing!
    Tray 2 only, with the pages having the exact same fold in the middle, even after new fed & separation kit : In fact the customer is saying that it didn't happen before I fitted the new kit !
    Have checked everything on tray 2 but can't see anything wrong : The paper is diving downwards in the middle as it hits the sep' roller then folds back on itself but carries on & exits the printer ok.
    Any ideas apart from a new tray 2 as the customer is not going to like the expense.

Regards .......... Gary

Quote Originally Posted by pebkac View Post

I'm the third tech on this machine and it's got me stumped. Have any of you seen this?

IMG_2577.jpg
    Having the same problem with a HP M712 has anyone found the answer

Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    Having the same problem with a HP M712 has anyone found the answer
    I was never able to resolve it. Looks like we quoted a clutch, RM1-8946, but the customer declined. Haven't heard from them since.

Exact problem with our M712. Printing normally until we put in the maintenance kit, then started bending the center leading edge a bit every 10 pages or so. Definitely interested to hear if any solutions are found.