Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Designjet 510, broken latch

Re: Designjet 510, broken latch

Guys is this the part which is broken:

Dusenanschluss fur HP DesignJet 500 510 800 Tintenschlauch C7770-60286 | eBay

Or do I have to replace the whole ink tube assembly #C7770-60286 again? *

Thanks

Hans

* Stupid question perhaps, but I'm a total HP noob.......
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You can certainly try that, but in my opinion I would only replace the entire tube assembly and not try to repair the assembly yourself.

The tubes are meant for that barbed fitting to go in once. If you can even manage to pull the old one out, I wouldn't expect it to seal correctly on the replacement barb. You really need to cut the used end of the tube off, and I doubt there's enough slack to do so.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kiran is correct on this. I've tried it. I ended up having to cut off the tubes from the barb as close as possible (was flushing the ink out of the tubes) and then put the tubes back on the barb with use of a hair dryer to warm up the tubes. They slid on okay but there's not enough slack to let the tubes rest in the proper seated position and get the cover to stay. Replacement is the best way if it's for a customer. If it was just my personal printer I wouldn't have a problem with it.

If I was to do a flush job again, I'd take the tubes off the ink station end instead. Plenty of slack up there.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Thanks guys.

Are those 4 tubes fused together or are the separately lying in the tube holder assembly? Or asked the other way around: Would it be possible to move one tube downwards a little taken advantage of the slack at the ink station?

When an ink tube has been removed from the head, is it than necessary to prime the system again?

'told you I'm a noob.......

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

If you fool around with the tube (cutting pieces and refitting and replacing parts) you'll have to suck the air out. Parts of the tubes are together. I'm not sure where though. I wouldn't mess with it. It sounds like a good way for a customer to come back and claim you stained their rug by making ink leak all over. I would just replace the ink tube assembly.