Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

T1300 Rev. B hangs at 1% then throws up 08:11, only formatter LED light I is "on"

T1300 Rev. B hangs at 1% then throws up 08:11, formatter LED light I is "on", others II & III are "off". I know this indicates possibly a bad formatter or possibly other things.

I confess I feel stupid for mixing and matching parts between 2 - T1300s. I have 2 T1300s (1-Rev. A & 1-Rev. B), and I mixed and matched formatters and formatters and hard drives (MY MISTAKE) for a few to several seconds while booting up to try to narrow the problem down to the hard drive or formatter, and now BOTH present a hang at 1% and then 08:11 and formatter light I on, others off. Perhaps I screwed up the interconnect board on both by mixing and matching the formatters and hard drives. (I assume they share similar data in both the formatter and interconnect board.)

After having done the above, I had a spare new unused hard drive on hand CR650-67001 (a several years old hard drive) which I tried on the T1300 Rev. B. It started up but threw up 08:04.1 and then 79:04. I switched it off in back, unplugged and restarted. But it came back to the original problem--hang at 1% and then 08:11 with formatter light I on and other lights off.

Finally I placed the working Rev. A T1300 hard drive onto the non-working Rev. B T1300's formatter board. It started booting up--got up to 20%, 28%, etc. I shut it off, thinking that that booting progression indicated that the Rev. B T1300 had a bad hard drive. I put the Rev. A T1300's hard drive back in it. Now the Rev. A T1300 that was working does the same--hangs at 1% and then throws up 08:11 and has formatter LED I "on" and II & III "off". Maybe I just have 3 hard drives that have happened to fail around the same time, but that seems very unlikely, but they are all at least several years old.

I MAY have to replace all hard drives and interconnect boards. I don't know. Not sure what to do now.

What do you think?
    Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    T1300 Rev. B hangs at 1% then throws up 08:11, only formatter LED light I is "on"

Re: T1300 Rev. B hangs at 1% then throws up 08:11, only formatter LED light I is "on"

Per the service manual, you can not replace just the hard drive on a Rev B. "If you try to insert a previously used hard disk drive, the product displays a System Error
    and will not start successfully."
    HP wants you replace the formatter with the hard drive because the hard drive is serialized to the formatter.

You can however get a virgin hard drive, such as Designjet Store

In your case I would try to clone the drive before use so you have a backup.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: T1300 Rev. B hangs at 1% then up 08:11, only formatter LED light I is "on"

A little more and more of the same: I am getting the LED I "on" and the others "off". So supposedly that means possibly bad formatter. But 2 bad formatters?

Again, I did try in the Rev. B (not working) the Rev. A (was working) formatter and the Rev. B hard drive--still got 1% hang and 08:11, and I also tried the Rev. B formatter and the Rev. A hard drive. It started to boot up 20%, 30%, etc. I shut it down thinking in doing so I was preventing some corruption, etc.

I put the Rev. A hard drive and formatter back in the Rev. A. Now the Rev. A does not work. I get the same 1% hang and 08:11.

Again I tried a new hard drive CR650-67001 in the Rev. B. It started to boot up 20%, 30%, etc. and I got 08:04.1 (I think) and then 79:04. I unplugged and restarted, and then I got again 1% hang and 08:11. Continuously after subsequent restarts.

Always with LED I "on" and others "off".

Thanks.