Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M631 stapler/stacker failure 66.80.17

Hey guys

Brand new LaserJet Enterprise MFP M631 was just setup, after 51 prints, machine threw 66.80.17 stapler stacker error. Can't print/copy at all.

I don't see any obstructions at the output trays, nothing seems broken or out of place, no bad noises, nothing.

During boot, the jogger fences move in and back out to home position, black output sensor arm assembly raises and lowers, then machine spits error. I've tried booting with the stapler cartridge out, same results. I can get into diagnostic tests if I reboot with a door open, but manual sensor tests screen is blank.

Any ideas?? Also is there any way to get the machine to operate with out the stacker/stapler and just output to the lower output trays, just so I can get them up and running for now

Thanks
    MNTech

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: HP M631 stapler/stacker failure 66.80.17

Thanks,
    After removing back panel, I spun the fan manually, heard am unusual rattle, removed fan and a tiny piece of black plastic fell from the fan motor, put it back together and it is now working.

Not sure where the plastic debris came from, if it was from the fan motor itself or just a foreign debris. If the code returns I'll replace the fan, otherwise I'm calling it good