Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone lines

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a nice day.

This is likely in the incorrect category, but since i have no brand preference, and the Brother forum doesn't get as much activity, i was hoping for some feedback here.

i have a customer that needs to replace a faulty Brother printer and also an old Brother fax.

the problem is, i have found that printing on customers custom printed envelopes, is generally problematic at best. both in terms of fusing quality, but also creasing issues.

Has anyone found a printer of any brand, that isn't to big for a small reception area that will reliably print envelopes without defects?

the other request is, has anyone been able to find out if there is a current fax machine that wont stumble and falter with the current phone carrier digital phone lines?? they are using a Brother intelifax ? either the 4750(e) or the 4100(e) (i cant remember if they are using the "e" version. or if that helped any, as i do have other customers with the 4750e, and they used to have a lot of problems.

some have improved the severity or frequency of dead faxes by complaining to the phone company or changing the company all together...

any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

thank you very much, Jim

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone lines

Re: recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone l

It sounds to me like this customer is going to spend a total of $200 ... your commission? $5 Then they'll nickel and dime you over the repairs. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Re: recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone l

Hi blackcat4866, you been there before too...

its an old customer and your right, lately its been a pain.

one time i went to staples and bought 3 machines. just like i did for another customer.

then i opened up 2 boxes and set them up. and of course, they nit pick, and the cheap crap never performs as well as the one i am replacing.
    then i returned the ones they didn't want.

like today, i sold a DCP L2550DW for 200.00, plus the labor and travel.

i paid 150 for the machine, less some coupons so my cost was 113.

but what you gonna do.

that's why i told them it could be costly. maybe someone recommends a Ricoh fax or a certain HP model that will fit the bill.

there's no winning in this game.

thank you for the reality check. i need it from time to time. Jim

I'd recommend a decent printer that does the envelopes and a cheap efax service. Could send faxes by email and receive them. Just drag and drop files.

makes total sense.

over the years i have had printers do fine, and others that failed miserably doing envelopes.

re the e fax, this is a doctors office the sees older patients, and i am not sure where the faxes are going or coming from, but i have other doctors accounts that always use the fax constantly.

and i don't know if they will merge to new technology?

Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi guys, hope everyone is having a nice day.
    This is likely in the incorrect category, but since i have no brand preference, and the Brother forum doesn't get as much activity, i was hoping for some feedback here.
    i have a customer that needs to replace a faulty Brother printer and also an old Brother fax.
    the problem is, i have found that printing on customers custom printed envelopes, is generally problematic at best. both in terms of fusing quality, but also creasing issues.
    Has anyone found a printer of any brand, that isn't to big for a small reception area that will reliably print envelopes without defects?
    the other request is, has anyone been able to find out if there is a current fax machine that wont stumble and falter with the current phone carrier digital phone lines?? they are using a Brother intelifax ? either the 4750(e) or the 4100(e) (i cant remember if they are using the "e" version. or if that helped any, as i do have other customers with the 4750e, and they used to have a lot of problems. some have improved the severity or frequency of dead faxes by complaining to the phone company or changing the company all together...
    any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much, Jim
    Jim..
    print on the brother...

1) what model printer?
    2)increase the fuser temp by setting to thick 1 or 2
    3) are they using generic toner ( big problem there)
    4) life on fuser left

Fax...
    the 4100/e were SOLID units..
    1) is it run on Digital Line or Analog?
    2) you might need to set it for DSL line (do you have manual)
    3) the VOIP settings can be funky who is their provider? ( please god not comcast )

can you post the config page from both?

I have manual for fax.. lemme know printer most likely have that one also.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It sounds to me like this customer is going to spend a total of $200 ... your commission? $5 Then they'll nickel and dime you over the repairs. =^..^=
    well BC..

depends on model # of printer and -=IF=- it is still under the standard 1yr. and also IF he is a certified repair center.

if it IS under warranty and he IS a service center..his customer will get a replacement fuser FOC. (as long as he says BROTHER supplies) and IF service cert'd he will get 60 for B*W and 120 color.
    if he isn't and unit under warranty the customer can request ship of fuser to them.

fax should be either:
    settings
    or
    provider

like I stated earlier the 4100 series was rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    makes total sense. over the years i have had printers do fine, and others that failed miserably doing envelopes. re the e fax, this is a doctors office the sees older patients, and i am not sure where the faxes are going or coming from, but i have other doctors accounts that always use the fax constantly. and i don't know if they will merge to new technology? Jim
    HIPA regs confine them to FAX transmission for now.. until they can find a "secure" form of transmission of the files/info.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    I'd recommend a decent printer that does the envelopes and a cheap efax service. Could send faxes by email and receive them. Just drag and drop files.
    Dr offices in the USA are not SUPPOSED to send customers files/info over the "unsecure" email system as of now.

HIPA regs

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Well if it was good enough for Hillary, darn it...! :-)
    Last edited by BaconSteve; 09-20-2019 at 12:56 PM.