Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone lines

Re: recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone l

back in my days with kyocera a customer had issues printing envelopes, but then we added the envelope feeder and it seemed to work well. sorry don't remember the model. but for desktop models, over the years the ones i have seen usually want you to move some lever on the back in order to adjust the fuser gap for envelopes. of course you have to move it back in order to printer regular letter. and naturally a customer doesn't want to have to do this each time. and most others that i have seen adds some crease on the envelope. i don't believe i have ever seen one out of the box work well as is for envelopes. could be brands i am not familiar with though. good luck.

Re: recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone l

Brother intelifax 4100e.

spectrum.

the printer that needs to be replaced for a slipping fuser film is Brother HL 5450 DN

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Off topic

Here my per hour labor rate is about 25-30$, I have read that in US techs charge non contract customers anywhere round 90-150$. So how much is docs labor? And they want 200$ printer flawlessly do heavy envelope jobs plus fax build in. Good luck, imho nowadays cheep plastic things can't do that.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone lines

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Off topic

Here my per hour labor rate is about 25-30$, I have read that in US techs charge non contract customers anywhere round 90-150$. So how much is docs labor? And they want 200$ printer flawlessly do heavy envelope jobs plus fax build in. Good luck, imho nowadays cheep plastic things can't do that.
    Haha.. a $200 multifunction unit to work flawlessly? Boy are they living on Pluto!recomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone linesrecomendation needed for envelope printer and fax that works with digital phone lines

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Brother intelifax 4100e.

spectrum.

the printer that needs to be replaced for a slipping fuser film is Brother HL 5450 DN
    Ok spectrum Charter? They sux.. almost as bad as CenturyLink.
    The fusers were known issues..most time they wouldn't last the projected 100k.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Dr offices in the USA are not SUPPOSED to send customers files/info over the "unsecure" email system as of now.

HIPA regs
    Yeah I guess that's the case. I was told to always call in our credit card number and not email it just because of the insecurity.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It's hilarious that people seem to think $200 is a "top of the line" machine anymore. Anything under the $200-$150 mark is considered ultra low-end to manufacturers.

Good example is HP's Designjet T120/T520 line. They are a Deskjet on steroids! Pieces of shit! Have replaced a few printheads in multiple units in the last two weeks or so. Glad they were user-replaceacble.....oh....wait a minute.....the machines would NEVER ready a "READY" state (homescreen). Had to unplug the machines when the carriage is in the platen to remove the head & ink to force the machine to start the printhead replacement procedure.

Such a joke.......

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    HIPA regs confine them to FAX transmission for now.. until they can find a "secure" form of transmission of the files/info.
    It's probably worth noting that some e-fax services are HIPAA compliant. See srfax.com.

Selling fax machines in 2019 should be considered a hate crime.