Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP color laser jet MFP M477fdn error 59.f0 quandry

Hi guys, this machine is intermittently throwing this code.

i removed the right side cover and module to the right of the fuser drive and removed the fuser drive motor and a plastic cover with lots of gears inside and tried to find a fuser drive unit solenoid,that someone on googoo said was there.

but all i saw were gears. and i didn't see fit to pull the drive unit out in that cramped office space.
    the ITB isn't to hard to turn with the gear.

the firmware date code is 20170728, but since i didn't find a way to download it thru the machine and i forgot to load the new version onto my craptop prior, i was just befuddled.

i had the same error on a HP CP 4525, and that one i changed the ITB and same thing. i was going to pull the fuser drive to get to the solenoid on that one, but after removing the rear covers and ? LVPS, maybe interconnect board etc, i scuddled that plan and didn't go further.

i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this error on this model and found the cause??

thank you very much for any input.
    have a nice evening, Jim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP color laser jet MFP M477fdn error 59.f0 quandry

thank you very much Lance15.
    the firmware link states that this fix is only applicable to a printer that wont recover from a 59.0f but also says that it may start off intermittently coding out.

so, i am hopeful that this may resolve the issue.
    funny, like all generalized codes, it goes on to say, if you cant download the firmware, then replace the engine control board. and if that isn't possible replace the ITB assy.
    so, does that mean they don't know either, or does the belt become hard to turn, and the new firmware sets new boundary's for the drive motor load parameters??

i will keep you posted on the outcome.

thank you very much, and i hope you have a very nice day.

so, the HP link to download the update from the FTP site asks for a user and password.
    i entered the one listed on the page, but it didn't work.

and the list shows various serial numbers it will work with. this serial number starts with VNB, so its not included?

i don't see anything that says that the latest firmware is what is needed. but does list an updated controller number.

so, i have loaded the firmware from HP onto a USB and will go back and see if that brings it to the quoted control number.

Jim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I was able to successfully login using the credentials in the PDF. So, you have the new DC Controller file?

I used it on a VNB serial number too. It updated fine.

If you mean the firmware from support.hp.com, no, that will not update the DC Controller. You need the DC Controller update from the FTP in the PDF.

Hi Lance15, thank you so much for clarifying this.

i guess in my rush, i didn't enter the "dot" before the password.

so now i cut and pasted the user name and password and i was able to download the PRN.51 file onto a USB drive.

i will go back today and see if this loads and resolves the issue.

the customer is having the error a few times a day, but a simple reboot has been solving it usually on the first attempt, so hopefully this patch is relevant to this printer.

i really appreciate your help and assistance, and hope you have a very nice day.

Jim

Dear Lance15, I was able to get back to the customer and load that controller patch.
    When I got there it was in the ready state.
    But after a ran a config page it coded out.

I used the USB drive and loaded the software successfully.

And the new controller number was as specified.

So, within the next day or so I should know if that solved the elusive problem.

I really appreciate your expertise with this.

Thank you very much, and I hope you have a happy Friday, Jim.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Good day Jim, hope that will end your problem.

On a side note:
    From what I'm reading, you seems to be very nice guy. I wish more and more forum members are as polite and consistent as you.
    I believe positive people are more successful in problem solving and in real world.
    Have a nice weekend.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

good morning tsbservice, thank you.

yes, i agree. you may well have logged onto the smarka tech board from a few years ago.

and i loved and relied upon that forum to save the day on a hard or tricky call. but often times, there would be posts from various people that would immediately turn rude and even obnoxious for some reason. maybe to inflate their self esteem?

and after all, if you are not only hoping for a strait answer, but need the support, it made it hard at times.

so, am am glad you see the difference as well and know that we all benefit at times from this site and keeping it professional and on topic.

i have made so many great friends here and on smarka over the years that i have never met personally, but would love to buy them all a BBQ sandwich and a cold beer or lemonade any time they are in the Venice CA. area. not to mention, i had the luck of meeting Mark the founder of smarka back when and even had him take a service call with me for asistance.

and now i am forgetting the founder of copytechnet, but he was a regular i do believe on smarka. aw, where has time gone??

I hope you have a very nice day, Jim

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Nice evening Jim.
    Thank you for rendering my thoughts in words. It's a bit difficult to me to express myself in right way because of language differences.
    Yes my first touch with and most preferred forum/board was smarka some twenty years ago.
    If memory serves I remember your nickname from these days. I use tsbservice all the way through smarka-thecopiernetwork-unitedtechsonline-CTN.
    I wish you all the best!
    tsb
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.