Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

I can't remember if that machine uses the fuser drive in order to run duplex.
    I believe it does. With it being the 'X' model (all extras included). Had a similar issue on a CP4525. One of the techs ordered a refurbished fuser drive assembly and installed it. The printer kept telling him the ITB wasn't installed. After installing a NEW assembly, it worked fine. If I'm going to tear a printer apart THAT FAR, I'm going to replace with a NEW part. I wouldn't try the re-pad the solenoid fix that deep.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    I believe it does. With it being the 'X' model (all extras included). Had a similar issue on a CP4525. One of the techs ordered a refurbished fuser drive assembly and installed it. The printer kept telling him the ITB wasn't installed. After installing a NEW assembly, it worked fine. If I'm going to tear a printer apart THAT FAR, I'm going to replace with a NEW part. I wouldn't try the re-pad the solenoid fix that deep.
    I second this. The only catch is, on some of these machines, you can reach the solenoid without taking the lower power supply or the main drive assembly off. So it saves maybe forty five minutes of work to just take the solenoid off and repad it. But there's no guarantee that it's the solenoid. In fact, every time I take one apart, I test the solenoid, and most of the time, they don't seem to stick. Maybe I'm just not pressing them hard enough... maybe heat has something to do with it. IDK. But the first time I had to pull one of these off the machine, the problem had nothing to do with the solenoid:

HP CP3525 - 59.F0

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

I know......and your DEFINITELY right about cable connectors "hiding out" when you try to reinstall the DC Controller.

I think I posted pictures of a solenoid I pulled out of a CP4525 in that post. It seemed NOTHING was wrong with the padding on the solenoid. It didn't stick and the pad still looked "squishy". I think maybe there's something physically wrong with the solenoids. I think in the about 20 or so (duplex & simplex) that we've done, we've only had one recall and had to install another new drive assembly.