Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Hello,

    I have very recently fixed a 59.F0 fault. I did this by disassembling the printer and cleaning the solenoid. It took two attempts, but I got there in the end!

    During the process I have managed to upset the duplex mechanism. Now when I try and print via duplex I get a 13.12.00 error. The printer works fine when not in duplex mode.

    The support manual suggest that this is a SR8 (to-of-page) fault, but it seems to be okay. The sensor (A) normally shows a 1 when running the diagnostic mode and then turns to a 0 when I put a piece of paper in front of the sensor.

    What could be wrong?

    Where do I go next?

    Many thanks, George

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    177

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Gck303 View Post
    Hello, I have very recently fixed a 59.F0 fault. I did this by disassembling the printer and cleaning the solenoid. It took two attempts, but I got there in the end!
    During the process I have managed to upset the duplex mechanism. Now when I try and print via duplex I get a 13.12.00 error. The printer works fine when not in duplex mode.
    The support manual suggest that this is a SR8 (to-of-page) fault, but it seems to be okay. The sensor (A) normally shows a 1 when running the diagnostic mode and then turns to a 0 when I put a piece of paper in front of the sensor.
    What could be wrong? Where do I go next? Many thanks, George
    I would disassemble the unit, carefully checking the alignment of the parts previously removed.. make sure nothing is blocking movement of paper/sensors. Check for pinched harnesses.

    Clearly if you had a 59.xx error before, now that symptom is gone but another has risen up, it is something wrong in the reassembly process. No biggie we have all done it at least once in our careers. Make sure you review the **NOTES** in the manual.

    IF you can take pics of a working unit to compare with, that would be ideal!

    good luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I would disassemble the unit, carefully checking the alignment of the parts previously removed.. make sure nothing is blocking movement of paper/sensors. Check for pinched harnesses.
    You know, I have done this. Well, I have had a good look around and looked for trapped cables etc. I hesitant to take it apart for a third time, just incase I make it worse.

    Is there anything that can be done to identify the cause of the issue?

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    177

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Gck303 View Post
    You know, I have done this. Well, I have had a good look around and looked for trapped cables etc. I hesitant to take it apart for a third time, just incase I make it worse.

    Is there anything that can be done to identify the cause of the issue?
    Well sounds like it's time to study the manual.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Well sounds like it's time to study the manual.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have! Why would you assume I have not spent half a day reading, re-reading the manual. Checing all the diagnositic tests, reassembling the printer and trawling thorugh the internet forums to see if someone has already had this issue.

    Only after exhausting the information to hand have I made an enquiry here.

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    177

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Gck303 View Post
    I have! Why would you assume I have not spent half a day reading, re-reading the manual. Checking all the diagnostic tests, reassembling the printer and trawling thorough the internet forums to see if someone has already had this issue.
    Only after exhausting the information to hand have I made an inquiry here. Thanks.
    sorry to have ruffled your feathers...

    frankly we get end users .. real newbie techs .. IT techs (copier repair wannabe's)...

    and as an experienced copier/printer tech/manager of several decades,
    It comes by my nature to question: What has been done/not...
    read the manual? ( you hadn't really mentioned it ) ..
    follow procedure in manual ( hadn't mentioned that either )..

    again, sorry to have asked too many pertinent questions of you.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,326
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    We are plagued with endusers asking nonsense questions on daily basics.
    Actually Phil was quite peaceful/helpful with you.
    Just because you read the manual and disassemble printer that not make you tech.
    Duplex sensor may appears to be working but your problems may be mechanical ie.
    Find if possible another one(printer) and compare problematic section.
    Many experienced techs including me fell in that trap, so-called tech-induced-mistake.
    Best way to solve them is, stop and take another look.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    177

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    We are plagued with endusers asking nonsense questions on daily basics.
    Actually Phil was quite peaceful/helpful with you.
    Just because you read the manual and disassemble printer that not make you tech.
    Duplex sensor may appears to be working but your problems may be mechanical ie.
    Find if possible another one(printer) and compare problematic section.
    Many experienced techs including me fell in that trap, so-called tech-induced-mistake.
    Best way to solve them is, stop and take another look.
    Thanks for covering my six Brother... yes I have been told in the past that I am too harsh on the posters, so i have tried to be a gentler kinder 'Pooh Bear'.

    As I stated.. WE ALL make that T.I.P. tech induced problem.

    And with only 3 posts I was not sure with whom I was dealing. Hell I don't even think i tossed a red card!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    It comes by my nature to question: What has been done/not...
    read the manual? ( you hadn't really mentioned it ) ..
    follow procedure in manual ( hadn't mentioned that either )..
    Thanks. ;-)

    I try to never post on these forums unless I have spent a good few hours trying to get to the bottom of it. And will normally have slept on it too.

    I work in IT, so I totally get your response. Next time I post to one of these forums I will be clearer and explain the normal steps that have been taken. That will avoid your quite natural assumption that I have not bothered!

  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: CP3525x will not print in duplex - 13.12.00 JAM IN RIGHT DOOR

    Getting to that solenoid requires a LOT of unplugging. Perhaps a motor or sensor not plugged in? The wires snake back into the machine and hide there so you can't see them.

    I can't remember if that machine uses the fuser drive in order to run duplex. Actually, I guess it would have to, if the paper comes out and then has to enter back in. If the gears are goofed up, then it won't work. Is that what's happening? Or does the paper never even make it out of the tray?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here