Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: DesignJet Z6200 Blank Screen after replacing Trailing Cable / Ink Tube Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by joeh View Post
    I worked on a Designjet with a similar issue, the problem was with the “ interconnect bd” on the left side by the display. You might want want to contact LPS Computer, they are very good on these machines.
    I don't see an interconnect board near the display, but there is one to the left of the formatter (if you're facing the back of the machine). Is that the one you're referring to?

I replaced the formatter/HDD combo yesterday with no change in symptoms. HP Support consulted with a higher tier of support and then suggested replacing in this order: 1. Power Supply, 2. Main Board, 3. Control Panel. So basically, they have no clue.

I initially talked to LPS, but the tech indicated that he wasn't familiar enough with this model to be much help.

How similar was the issue? I would welcome input from someone who has a clue. :-)

Technician

Re: DesignJet Z6200 Blank Screen after replacing Trailing Cable / Ink Tube Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by KJEpps View Post
    I don't see an interconnect board near the display, but there is one to the left of the formatter (if you're facing the back of the machine). Is that the one you're referring to?

I replaced the formatter/HDD combo yesterday with no change in symptoms. HP Support consulted with a higher tier of support and then suggested replacing in this order: 1. Power Supply, 2. Main Board, 3. Control Panel. So basically, they have no clue.

I initially talked to LPS, but the tech indicated that he wasn't familiar enough with this model to be much help.

How similar was the issue? I would welcome input from someone who has a clue. :-)
    Mine was a T795 with no display. I don’t know much about these printers, LPS was my best hope. The interconnect bd, was a small pc bd very close to the display on this model

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DesignJet Z6200 Blank Screen after replacing Trailing Cable / Ink Tube Assembly

I already sent this to OP; I needed to verify I could post it online. I didn't know this, but if you connect the power connector of the trailing cable incorrectly, you can inadvertently fry the carriage PCA and the Main PCA (the Sausalito board.) The image is cut off but went on to say the result is the display lighting up but no other progress on boot, with the green LED by the display blinking.

Not saying this is OP's issue, of course! But I hope this helps others avoid this mistake.

Kiran

incorrect trailing power.jpg

Thumbs up Re: DesignJet Z6200 Blank Screen after replacing Trailing Cable / Ink Tube Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    I already sent this to OP; I needed to verify I could post it online. I didn't know this, but if you connect the power connector of the trailing cable incorrectly, you can inadvertently fry the carriage PCA and the Main PCA (the Sausalito board.) The image is cut off but went on to say the result is the display lighting up but no other progress on boot, with the green LED by the display blinking.

Not saying this is OP's issue, of course! But I hope this helps others avoid this mistake.

Kiran

incorrect trailing power.jpg

Update: So I can't say whether I plugged that power connector in incorrectly, because I had reseated both cables so many times that when I rechecked, everything was plugged in properly. Since there were so many wires in the way, and I was dealing with a cramped space, I also can't rule out that I might have initially plugged it in wrong. I was able to FINALLY make progress by replacing the Main PCA and the Carriage PCA, but wait, there's more... It still wasn't fixed. Symptoms changed to 8 beeps at power up which indicates a bad hard drive. I replaced the hard drive, updated the firmware and it was FINALLY fixed. That was a relief.

KJ