Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    HP M775 59.00.F0

HP M775 59.00.F0

Hi guys, has anyone come across an HP M775 with an intermittent 59.00.F0. Happens once or twice a day or after around 500 prints. I've replaced the fuser and the transfer belt since they were near end of life. The customer is using OEM cartridges, I've cleaned all sensors and contacts I could find and also cleaned the laser unit just in case. Older HP's like the CP3525 had an issue with the fuser drive solenoid sticking but on this model it's a much bigger job to repair so I'm trying all else first. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M775 59.00.F0

Re: HP M775 59.00.F0

Quote Originally Posted by LATechnico View Post
    Hi guys, has anyone come across an HP M775 with an intermittent 59.00.F0. Happens once or twice a day or after around 500 prints. I've replaced the fuser and the transfer belt since they were near end of life. The customer is using OEM cartridges, I've cleaned all sensors and contacts I could find and also cleaned the laser unit just in case. Older HP's like the CP3525 had an issue with the fuser drive solenoid sticking but on this model it's a much bigger job to repair so I'm trying all else first. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

59.00.F0
    T1 alienation mechanism failure
    1. Make sure that the ITB is correctly installed.
    2. Use the T1 roller alienation switch (SW5) test in the Manual sensor test to verify that the switch is properly functioning. If it is not, replace the main drive assembly.
    3. Use the T1 roller engagement and disengagement drive test in the component test to verify that the T1 roller disengagement mechanism is properly functioning. If it is not, replace the fuser drive assembly.
    4. If the product has been serviced, check the connector (J181) on the DC controller PCA.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP M775 59.00.F0

Your just gonna have to get down and dirty.......

It is a really big job and time consuming, but, it sounds like you've done the easy stuff already.

Technician
    HP M775 59.00.F0

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Your just gonna have to get down and dirty.......

It is a really big job and time consuming, but, it sounds like you've done the easy stuff already.
    Haha, I know. Have you or your team dealt with this? I don't want to do all that work and the issue be something else. Thanks for the feedback.

HP M775 59.00.F0

Our service team have done about 20 total on both the CP3525 and the CP4525. Both simplex and duplex versions.

Make sure you order NEW OEM. Don't cheap out and try a refurb fuser drive assembly. You'll be taking it apart more than once (believe me......one of the techs ordered a refurb exchange and it took me to tell them they shouldn't have).

Just make sure you take plenty of pictures to make sure all of the connections on the DC Controller get reconnected.

Haven't done one on an M775 before, but, if you can, see if you can take the formatter cage, IDC and LVPS off as one big assembly. Big confidence builder when you can put 3 parts back on all in one shot.

Technician
    HP M775 59.00.F0

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Our service team have done about 20 total on both the CP3525 and the CP4525. Both simplex and duplex versions.

Make sure you order NEW OEM. Don't cheap out and try a refurb fuser drive assembly. You'll be taking it apart more than once (believe me......one of the techs ordered a refurb exchange and it took me to tell them they shouldn't have).

Just make sure you take plenty of pictures to make sure all of the connections on the DC Controller get reconnected.

Haven't done one on an M775 before, but, if you can, see if you can take the formatter cage, IDC and LVPS off as one big assembly. Big confidence builder when you can put 3 parts back on all in one shot.
    I've done a few cp3525 but on the M775 the solenoid is not part of the fuser drive assembly it's behind it. And HP warns against removing the solenoid:
    "CAUTION: Do not remove the gear or solenoid located behind the fuser gear assembly. The gear and solenoid are installed in specific alignment with the other components behind the assembly. If the gear or solenoid are removed, the product will not properly function"

HP M775 59.00.F0

Wow! I see that. The M775 is a little different beast. Well, go back to Phil's post about running through the diagnostics and see what comes up.

Technician
    HP M775 59.00.F0

It will be nice to figure this one out, I'll keep you posted once I do. Thanks!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by LATechnico View Post
    It will be nice to figure this one out, I'll keep you posted once I do. Thanks!
    Hi bud,
    Just wandering if you got to the bottom of this, have similar issue with one in the field, replaced the trans belt but not before running diagnostics and checking mechanism on fuser drive.
    As has been said before, managed to repad a 3525 solenoid before but not sure this will be possible on m775?

Technician
    HP M775 59.00.F0

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    Hi bud,
    Just wandering if you got to the bottom of this, have similar issue with one in the field, replaced the trans belt but not before running diagnostics and checking mechanism on fuser drive.
    As has been said before, managed to repad a 3525 solenoid before but not sure this will be possible on m775?
    Hey there,

Yes the problem is the solenoid sticking just like the cp3525 and others. It was a bigger job than the cp3525 so I took the printer into the shop. I followed the directions for removing the fuser drive assembly and once I got there I could access the solenoid, "the solenoid is not part of fuser drive assembly" it's behind it. HP warns against removing the solenoid and gear because the gear is spring loaded so I had to hold it in place by fitting a strong paper clip thru a hole in the gear and wedging the paper clip against the frame of the machine so the gear wouldn't move then I replaced the solenoid. You can re pad the solenoid, I chose to replace it. It's not in the parts manual but I found they used the same solenoid as the HP M402N feed unit solenoid RM2-8511. Hope this helps.