Enduser admits it hasn't been used in a year. When print job is sent you get "Wrong format ... " message, then 61.01 error.

It prints internal prints with the poor quality that you'd expect after after sitting idle for a year. Y, LM, and LC are all completely blocked. It won't ping, won't access the web interface, even after network settings initialized, even off the network from my laptop. I had a USB print server available. I could see the print server, but not print. The machine screen does show the IP and hostname when the network is connected, "No IP ... " when network disconnected. The amber and green LEDs on the NIC both blink (not sure what that means).

All the ink cartridges have expired, the newest one expired 8 years ago. I can't imagine that would have anything to do with the 61.01 errors.

When I saw "Formatting error ... " I thought that maybe a PostScript driver was sending to a PCL NIC or vice-versa.

Since I can't ping or see the web page I'm suspecting the formatter. The M-Y & LM-LC printheads should fix the color.
What do you think? =^..^=