Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Designjet Z2100 errors 61.01

Enduser admits it hasn't been used in a year. When print job is sent you get "Wrong format ... " message, then 61.01 error.

It prints internal prints with the poor quality that you'd expect after after sitting idle for a year. Y, LM, and LC are all completely blocked. It won't ping, won't access the web interface, even after network settings initialized, even off the network from my laptop. I had a USB print server available. I could see the print server, but not print. The machine screen does show the IP and hostname when the network is connected, "No IP ... " when network disconnected. The amber and green LEDs on the NIC both blink (not sure what that means).

All the ink cartridges have expired, the newest one expired 8 years ago. I can't imagine that would have anything to do with the 61.01 errors.

When I saw "Formatting error ... " I thought that maybe a PostScript driver was sending to a PCL NIC or vice-versa.

Since I can't ping or see the web page I'm suspecting the formatter. The M-Y & LM-LC printheads should fix the color.
    What do you think? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Designjet Z2100 errors 61.01

Strange that you can send a print job to it but no other connectivity works. I'd check the network settings. 61.01 usually is because the wrong driver is being used, seldomly something about the job causes a problem. For example, I've seen PDFs that won't print, but if you rotate it 180 degrees, it will work. The link lights at least tell you you have a physical connection.

If nothing else, use the EEROM reset in the service test menu and see what happens. The aged ink cartridges are probably OK but expect some color shifts after they're replaced.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

System Error: 61:YZ
    Problem Description: The file format is incorrect and the Printer cannot process the job.
    Corrective action: Try the following:

• Switch the Power Off from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.
    • Check the compatibility of the selected print job's file format to what file format the printer supports.
    • Check the graphic language setting of the Printer (Refer to the User's Guide).
    • Resend the file to the printer.
    • Check that the Printer has the latest Firmware version. If not, update the Firmware to the latest version.
    • The Postscript fonts are missing. Upgrading the Firmware will re-install the fonts.
    • The file cannot be printed because it is password protected. Resend the file without password protection.

Since the enduser is locked out of Admin functions anyway, I think I've covered my bases by requesting a new PS and a PCL driver installed and tested by the local IT.

Am I correct that Q6675D is a native PCL printer, with the option of adding PostScript? I have the Connectivity Configuration page, and the only useful piece of information is that it does not have the HP-GL/2 upgrade. There is nothing specific about PCL or PS.
    =^..^=

So I requested that the local IT install a PostScript and a PCL driver, test both, then remove the ones that don't work. I don't know which worked ... I suppose it doesn't matter. That part is resolved.

It doesn't explain why I can't ping it or access the webpage, but I don't care about that right now. Thanks! =^..^=