Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M880 46.23.3C error

HP M880 46.23.3C error

Hi Have never had this error before and within the last week i have had two of these materialise on two different clients HP M880s.

I am struggling to find any information in regards to this error code in manuals. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks
    V

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP M880 46.23.3C error

Re: HP M880 46.23.3C error

46.* error messagesErrors in the 46.* family occur when the printer is trying to perform an action that it is not able to complete.

• No network connectivity
    • A problem with the file being printed, with the software application sending the job, or with the print driver

Recommended action for customersUse the following general troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the problem.

1. Turn the printer off, and then on.
    2. Verify the printer is connected to the network, look at the network port connection on the back of the printer, and verify that the amber activity light flashes indicating network traffic, and the green link-status light is continuously lit indicating a network link. If the problem continues, try a different network cable or port on the hub and check network configuration settings such as the printer's IP address.
    3. Send a different file from the same software application to see if the error is specific to the original file. Try sending a job from a different software application to see if the error is specific to the application. Verify the computer has the correct print driver installed.
    4. Upgrade the firmware.
      Go to HP FutureSmart - Latest Firmware Versions.
    5. If the error persists, contact your HP-authorized service or support provider, or contact customer support at www.hp.com/go/contactHP.

Recommended action for call-center agents and onsite techniciansUse the following general troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the problem. If the error persists, elevate the case using the Standard Support Process.

1. Turn the printer off, and then on.
    2. Verify the printer is connected to the network. If it is not, use a different network cable, and check the configuration settings.
    3. Send a different file from the same software application to see if the error is specific to the original file. Try sending a job from a different software application to see if the error is specific to the application. Verify the computer has the correct print driver installed.
    4. Upgrade the printer firmware.
    5. If the error persists, use the troubleshooting flowcharts in this document: HP LaserJet FutureSmart Devices - 49 error Troubleshooting (Persistent and Intermittent)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M880 46.23.3C error

Has anyone else encountered this? still havent gotten to the bottom of it. Could randomly happen whether it is connected to a network or not. will clear for a day or 2 and randomly appear again. Nothing for the 46 errors on HP service manuals.

Technician

Late to the party, new to the forum. The only remedy I've found for this was to downgrade the FW from FS4 to FS 3.9.6.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
    Late to the party, new to the forum. The only remedy I've found for this was to downgrade the FW from FS4 to FS 3.9.6.
    I have just fitted a transfer unit kit to one of these and got 46.23.3C so fitted the old one and error disappeared. Might be worth replacing the ITB as fixed it for me.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCompton View Post
    I have just fitted a transfer unit kit to one of these and got 46.23.3C so fitted the old one and error disappeared. Might be worth replacing the ITB as fixed it for me.

I also encountered that, well after this thread. Thanks for reminding me!

Technician

Hi guys.

Long time member... Not a good poster. LOL

I have the same 46.23.3C error code after fitting an ITB kit.

So, I removed and refitted the new ITB. Making sure it was pushed in all the way. This seems to have resolved my problem.

Good luck out there.
    Drew.

We had the same issue error code 46.23.3C after replacing the transferbeld kit.
    Replacing it didn't help.

Our supplier recommended the following:
    1. Remove transfer beld.
    2. Close up the printer, close all flaps and doors etc.
    3. Switch off the printer.
    4. Switch on the printer.
    5. Wait untill it mentiones the transfer beld is missing.
    6. Place the new transfer beld.

For us this worked.