Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP laserjet 4350 network dont/ wont work. i'm loosing my mind, please read

Re: HP laserjet 4350 network dont/ wont work. i'm loosing my mind, please read

Just worked on a 4200 and 2100 (registration sensor issue error 50013) today, SAME scenario (sort of)! I was given a “harvested 615 jetdirect card”, to replace a failed one on the 4200, and it sort of worked, but would stall out with “Processing” on the screen. Drove back to the store and grabbed a new 620 card (which “magically appeared”), and got it back up and running with that.
    This site amazes me some days!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

for what its worth, and i must say, i really appreciate you all helping me.
    its just mind boggling how we go thru so many things and then years latter, after not seeing those models and then i'm like, WTF???

but my original post was much more long winded, and i immediately attempted to "edit" it. while it did allow me to modify the main column, it wouldn't let me get rid of the "please read" which after the fact, seems more and more nuts with each passing minute.

and i don't see any way to get rid of it.
    so it will go down in history, that many will likely read it, and then roll their eyes in disbelief.

but its all good. you guys have saved my a%@ many more times that i can count.
    i only hope that i may have helped in some teensie way to a few i was able to.

have a great night, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Just worked on a 4200 and 2100 (registration sensor issue error 50013) today, SAME scenario (sort of)! I was given a “harvested 615 jetdirect card”, to replace a failed one on the 4200, and it sort of worked, but would stall out with “Processing” on the screen. Drove back to the store and grabbed a new 620 card (which “magically appeared”), and got it back up and running with that.
    that is precisely how i had the N620. i replaced it for a customer a few years ago, for some intermittent failing to print. i think i put in a N610 since i wasnt sure if that was what was wrong.

so, i am glad you reminded me, that if this box starts to fritz out, ill need another.

have a nice evening.

so are you saying that the jetdirect card was the cause of the registration sensor issue?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Have had that on a few, after updating firmware, cannot reconnect to networks again, have had to replace with another working machine, I dont update anymore. Strange one. But, now they are so cheap, instead of getting another formatter, its easier to replace. Spending too much time doing this and doing that, burning your time when there are so many other things to do, it's just a lot easier to get customer up and going fast. Lessons learned, people happier.

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Have had that on a few, after updating firmware, cannot reconnect to networks again, have had to replace with another working machine, I dont update anymore. Strange one. But, now they are so cheap, instead of getting another formatter, its easier to replace. Spending too much time doing this and doing that, burning your time when there are so many other things to do, it's just a lot easier to get customer up and going fast. Lessons learned, people happier.
    Yes, the new printer setups are usually do streamlined now it's hard to believe.

They used to be so finicky.

Thank God.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    so are you saying that the jetdirect card was the cause of the registration sensor issue?
    No, two different machines, but at the same location. The 4200 had the jetdirect issue. The 2100 had jamming issues.
    I was just amazed that someone brought up the same exact issue I was having on the same day. Has happened a few times on this site!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

i have always liked the Jetdirect 620.

one of the more stable NICs