Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ieeeee 50+ Posts

Question HP M725 Blank Output

Sorry for the terrible mobile phone post.

Having some problems at a local hospital with a M725 with no printed image. Low volume. Confirmed with the downstairs unit the image unit is fine/ new. Already replaced the laser scanner and formatter with no luck. Updated the firmware as well. Service manual states laser

I have panic stopped this unit several times and found no image or toner on the drum at all. I run the Service Mode tests for the drum and laser with everything turning as should. I noticed on the back of the machine where the laser plugs into is a secondary board. Maybe that board is my issue? I unplugged a few connections on the back from the laser and such and it codes out. So it does know when certain things are not plugged in.

Really stumped on this one. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy Thursday!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M725 Blank Output

Re: HP M725 Blank Output

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityCopy View Post
    Sorry for the terrible mobile phone post.

Having some problems at a local hospital with a M725 with no printed image. Low volume. Confirmed with the downstairs unit the image unit is fine/ new. Already replaced the laser scanner and formatter with no luck. Updated the firmware as well. Service manual states laser

I have panic stopped this unit several times and found no image or toner on the drum at all. I run the Service Mode tests for the drum and laser with everything turning as should. I noticed on the back of the machine where the laser plugs into is a secondary board. Maybe that board is my issue? I unplugged a few connections on the back from the laser and such and it codes out. So it does know when certain things are not plugged in.

Really stumped on this one. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy Thursday!
    **I unplugged a few connections on the back from the laser and such and it codes out. **

so what is the code?

ieeeee 50+ Posts

I should explain a bit better now that I have a keyboard....

I unplugged the laser scanner cable that goes into DC Controller PCA

51.00.19 ---laser malfunction

I taped down the laser shutter to possibly bypass that as well. HP is thinking some abnormality in the guide track the Image unit goes into on the sides of the frame.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP M725 Blank Output

51.00.YZ Error To continue turn off then on

An error with the laser/scanner assembly has occurred.

51.00.10 Beam detect error
    51.00.19 Laser malfunction
    51.00.20 Black laser scanner error

Recommended action:

Turn the printer off, and then on.
    Check the flat flexible cable (FFC) connection to the laser/scanner.
    Check connector J71 at the DC controller, and check the laser/scanner connectors.
    If the error persists, replace the laser/scanner assembly.

Part number: RM1-8679-000CN

Was the laser/scanner new? Is the printer plugged into a wall outlet or a surge protector?