Technician 50+ Posts mthomasebs's Avatar

HP E52645 Print Area Adjustments

Hi all, we are in the midst of trying to replace a Samsung SCX-6555NX with an HP E52645.

The machine is used for hospital blood reports and these are printed from a 20 year old unix app server. The reports are A5 and the samsung machine seemed to cope fine.

When putting the HP in, we are losing the last line of text, its coming out on a seperate page which obviously isnt ideal. I thought maybe it was due to print area, so tried to print to A4, but it still came out on two seperate pages.

We have tried just about every setting we could find including PCL font pitch and lines, image registration shift and every kind of value in each of these adjustments.

Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas on how one machine can print these fine, and the other is interpreting the job differently. We cant change anything server or driver-side so we have to make printer-side adjustments..

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP E52645 Print Area Adjustments

Latest firmware?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It might be a font substitution problem. The replacement font may be slightly larger than the original. I would try the following things:

First, I'd try to determine what font is requested. You might need a data capture to determine that.

Second, I'd look for a checkbox in the driver: "Acquired fonts from the internet". If the program is generating it's own print data (PCL 5 or PS) this won't help. The print jobs would only pass through the driver with no changes to the print data.

Thirdly, If that didn't work I'd try to find and load the desired font. Sorry I can't specifically tell you how to do that on an HP. I've had to do it before on a Konica Minolta PRO 950, and a Copystar CS-5050. Both are done very differently. On the Copystar the font was stored on a compact flash card and inserted into the machine. On the Konica it was uploaded from the web interface. I have no idea how that might work on an HP. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician 50+ Posts mthomasebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It might be a font substitution problem. The replacement font may be slightly larger than the original. I would try the following things:

First, I'd try to determine what font is requested. You might need a data capture to determine that.

Second, I'd look for a checkbox in the driver: "Acquired fonts from the internet". If the program is generating it's own print data (PCL 5 or PS) this won't help. The print jobs would only pass through the driver with no changes to the print data.

Thirdly, If that didn't work I'd try to find and load the desired font. Sorry I can't specifically tell you how to do that on an HP. I've had to do it before on a Konica Minolta PRO 950, and a Copystar CS-5050. Both are done very differently. On the Copystar the font was stored on a compact flash card and inserted into the machine. On the Konica it was uploaded from the web interface. I have no idea how that might work on an HP. =^..^=
    As stated in my post, we cant even look at the driver. Its on an old unix server that runs the whole hospitals blood network.

Also its definitely using the same courier font.

Guess we will just have to escalate to HP.