Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: L26500 or Latex 260 system error 24:10 broken bag error

I replaced the ISS boards. It started the tubes priming process. "I was excited for a moment." But only got as far as "replace faulty ink cartridges": Black and Cyan (Could this be because maybe they are 88% to 99% full?). I don't presently have those 2 replacement ink cartridges. Nor do I presently have replacement Yellow and Magenta ink cartridges (They are very low to low).

Perhaps they are truly bad--bad chips or I need to work on them making better contact. I tried to clean all contacts with alcohol--both on the cartridges and internal contacts. But Black and Cyan inks are noted as "replace" no matter what.

It seems contact with Yellow and Magenta are at times tentative as sometimes they would show up "replace" and sometimes not.

I restarted a few to several times and kept getting the 24:10 error broken bag. I am thinking I will keep getting that error until I can get all good cartridges according to the printer but not sure about this.

I tried to restart several times and Recover from the Broken Bag error a few times and tried to check ink supplies a few times.

1st restart after ISS boards replacement: 24:10 and states broken bags on Black & Yellow. (Yellow was the very 1st one noted back when I 1st got the 24:10 error 1-2 weeks ago.)

Broken Bag Recovery: Get 26.1:10 (contact failure with Yellow cartridge) (I didn't write down the rest.)

Check ink supplies: ....Replace: Magenta, Black, and Cyan. Error 74:00: Replace Magenta, Black, and Cyan. OK Purge: "NO" on Magenta, Black, and Cyan; "YES" on rest.

I tried I think to clean contacts again and reseat cartridges.

Check ink supplies again: ....Replace: Black & Cyan (again). All OK for purge except: Black and Cyan. (Although Y & M are low to very low)

For some reason I tried 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Broken Bag Recovery attempts: 2nd: 26.2:10 (contact failure with Black cartridge), 3rd & 4th: 26.3:10 (contact failure with Cyan cartridge).

....Kept getting "Replace Black & Cyan Ink Cartridges".

I wonder whether there is something upstream regarding a cable or other pca that is causing only Black & Cyan to come up "Replace". But I am thinking that if that were the case that all upper inks would show "Replace" or ALL inks would show "Replace".

I'm not exactly sure what is going on. But again I suppose I will start with replacing M (low to very low), Y (low to very low), K (Replace), & C (Replace) ink cartridges and go from there.

Before that I will recheck the contacts between these 4 cartridges and their internal contacts; seems there is tentative contact at times except for Black and Cyan seem to be continually "Replace".

Thanks very much for ALL your input.
    Last edited by pbrooks259; 03-21-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    L26500 or Latex 260 system error 24:10 broken bag error

Sometimes you have to push the ink cartridge in, while pushing the yellowish-white plastic receiver in from the rear and sort of wiggle them together to get them to make better contact. I also found using a metal file on the contacts in the ISS lightly, helps them make contact. I've done this often with 1050s and 5500s. Just drag the file across the contacts gently.

If nothing works, then the ink cartridge is indeed 'faulty', meaning it can't read the chip. During the priming process though, it's going to reject cartridges that are over 88% but not new, or too low on ink for the process. I don't know that it specifically tells you other than just saying a cart is faulty.

Maybe the black and yellow truly have an internal leak, or the leak contacts are broken somehow. Or maybe you got a bad ISS board? Put the old one back (if it's not the one with the rat piss on it.)

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hmmm...I've never filed one. I could try that. Have just cleaned with alcohol.

I weighed the black and cyan ink cartridges--34.6 ounces for black, 33.3 ounces for cyan. I suspect that both are greater than 88% full but not new. For comparison LC weighs 24.6 ounces, LM weighs 20.6 ounces. And both LC and LM are fine for priming as well as Y and M which I assume are low to very low. Again I suspect K and C are greater than 88%.

I cleaned all contacts again (have not tried filing yet).

I reset the EEROM.

Started it up. The carriage goes thru its maneuvers left and right. Then "Preparing Ink System".

Then gosh dang it! System Error 16.04:00 !!!! The garage was about 46-48 degrees F. I don't think it was down to 5 degrees C or 41 degrees F. I don't know if that was the reason or not--the coldness of the garage. Had not done that before in the garage. But was down to freezing temperature last night.

Frustrating--if not one thing, another.

Trying to warm up garage some and try again.

The old upper ISS board was the one with mouse pee on it.

The leak contacts are inside the cartridge I assume.

OK, warmed up garage; tried again--got beyond 16.04:00 error:

Asked for all cartridges and accepted all at 1st. Pressed OK then get:

"Replace faulty ink cartridge" Displays that K & C need to be replaced.

Restarted, and get same thing.

For K cartridge info. I get: Ink level - 1ml, capacity is "blank", Exp. date is "blank", Warranty is "unknown"
    C cartridge is the same.

I guess ink cartridge chips are corrupted or other problem. I have no idea what happened to them. Maybe got corrupted due to the bad effects of the mouse pee and poop--I had started it up many times not knowing the status of the upper ISS board, covered with pee and poop. Indirectly they got pissed and pooped on. ....Maybe still not making proper contact.

I assume they are simply junk now.

Would the printer write to their chips such that are marked as "faulty" when it sees them as greater than 88% full for the priming process? Probably not.

At least the main menu comes up although K & C are noted as "faulty". No more 24:10 broken bag error at least so far.

I think I will proceed to get at least an STS black and cyan ink cartridge. Does that sound like the right or an OK thing to do?

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by pbrooks259; 03-21-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Sounds like you just have two bad cartridges. Best test would be to try them in another printer (that works.)

It sounds like you're on the right track.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for ALL your input, Kiran.

I would be hard pressed to find another L26500 or Latex 260 to try them in--the 2 faulty cartridges.

I assume the mouse crapped-on upper ISS pca being damaged then damaged those 2 cartridges, or they may have self-destructed, and I assume made it sense that black and yellow had broken bags, but I don't really know for sure.

Again, I think I'll give STS cyan and black cartridges a whirl, and hope it works out.

This L26500 has been a workout: 1st 14.05:00 (someone jeery rigged it to run off 1 - 220V circuit; had to wire in the other 220V circuit), 2nd 50.1:10 - bad OMAS controller, 3rd this 24:10 broken bag error--obviously replaced the upper (and lower) ISS pca, and now these faulty 2 cartridges.

But a lot my fault; I let it sit in the garage about 3 1/2 years. It was a mouse hotel for a while.

I'll report back.

Thanks again, very much.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I got the STS compatible cyan and black ink cartridges today; the old ones are deemed "faulty". I installed them. And it moved on to ask for the printheads.

So now I am on to installing new printheads. The old ones are all dried out. But I need to get replacement printheads; I wasn't going to get them till I got beyond the "faulty" ink cartridges.

I assume the curing and drying resistor circuits are OK. I assume I would have gotten a system error for either one during startup if either had a problem. But I'm not sure.

Thanks for all your help.

I will post back with progress or problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

....I thought after the installation of new ISS boards that the printer would direct me to install set up printheads [also I had reset the EEROM back when I was struggling with the 50.1:11 error (OMAS related error)].

But it is asking me for a missing C-LC printhead which is fine with me. Not for set up printheads. So I'm looking for a good deal on printheads.

I don't understand this but right now it appears that it is not going to try to prime the tubes which again is fine by me. I did reset the EEROM again (and cleaned ink cartridge contacts again both on cartridges and ISS internal contacts) after installing the new ISS boards in hopes of somehow getting beyond the 24:10 broken bag error. I'm not sure but that EEROM reset seemed/appeared to help get beyond the 24:10 error.
    Last edited by pbrooks259; 03-27-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Yes, the EEROM reset will clear the broken bag status.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If there were a problem with the curing or drying circuits/controls, would it have thrown up a system error prior to requesting printheads? I would assume so.

I know it threw up 14.05:00 (Description: AC Voltage too low on the Dryer Assembly.) several months ago during start up. But I got beyond that error several months ago.

I don't know. I would think you'd get that error when it attempts to heat up. Make sure if you're just using bond paper to choose an 'aqueous' media selection. There's also a way to disable the heaters entirely for testing purposes, I believe. Saves a lot of time not having to wait on it heating up and cooling down while you're testing it.

Kiran