HP 9050 13.12.13 error

Hi all. I've got a HP 9050 with a 3000 sheet staple/stacker attached. They use the lower output exclusively. They run simplex. Checks and 8 1/2 x 11 20#. Jams on both. When it jams, there is a grind sound briefly from the flipper area and the paper diverts to the upper output tray. Paper is jammed in the accumulator area which probably explains the noise as paper stops. This was a refurbed unit and has been in place for two years without issues. From our shop, we had another finisher with a board issue so I took all three assemblies (Accumulator, Flipper and Paper Path). The ACC had no effect on it, nor did the paper path. The flipper seemed to correct the issue but had another. Long story short a new finisher was installed and now after three months, is having the same symptoms (same error codes, same noises). I can run between 5 sheets to 2 reams and it may or may not error.
    Any ideas aside from replacing the units again?
    Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 9050 13.12.13 error

Re: HP 9050 13.12.13 error

From the latest CPMD dated 1/2/2018:

13.12.13 Jam in left accessory 3,000 sheet Stapler/Stacker or 3,000 Sheet Stacker
    Description
    13.12.13 error will have the following flashing lights on the Stapler/Stacker.
    User LED: Flashing Amber, Service LED Yellow (2 Blinks)
    Media jammed as it entered the accumulator. The PPEXIT or FLEXIT sensor is never deactivated.
    Recommended action

1. Analyze the event log for frequency of the error message.
    2. Make sure that the media is well-aligned in the input trays.
    3. Make sure that the media is not wrinkled before arriving to the output device.
    4. Make sure that the media is coming out in the accumulator well-centered. If this is not the case, then check the input trays to make sure that the media is centered and not closer to either front or back.
    5. Make sure that the media is not touching the plastic arms (wings) in the accumulator.
    6. Make sure that customers are not blocking the exit of the accumulator when waiting for their print jobs.
    7. Check for interference at the exit of the accumulator.
      note:

Media with excessive curl can block the exit.
    8. Make sure that the paper stopper clips are in their correct position.
      Figure : Stopper clips

9. Make sure that the accumulator exit roller cover is installed correctly.
    10. Replace the accumulator as needed.

Thanks Lance 15 for responding. I had checked all of that in the service manual. All looked good that's why i tried the Accumulator last time with no luck. Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 9050 13.12.13 error

Sorry. I got nothing else specific to the 9050. It's not surprising there are continual issues with a printer this old. They were workhorses "in the day", though.

Oh I agree. I loved these back when. Still decent units, if not in a high use area. Thank you again for responding.