Hello,

I have an issue with HP OfficeJet Pro 8730.

When I try to print a page, or initialize the printer after performing OOBE reset, I am encountering weird pump like noises from the printer followed by Supply System Problem error.

It sounds like the printer being unable to squeeze ink or something.

I had this printer running without issue, initially on genuine HP cartridges, and then with refillable ink cartridges (using original HP chips).

Eventually I ran out of 2 colors (2 chips depleted), and it turned out OOBE reset/initialization will not work with more than one chip reporting empty, so I have ordered ARC chips.

About 3 weeks later I have received ARC chips, installed them, and attempted to print. This is where the problem started to appear.

Here is a video (0m07s is the moment when you can hear the problem):
8730_error - Streamable
Also there are some squeaking noises that you can hear (0m27s) during printhead cleaning (I think), that I am quite certain were not present before.

Pictures of the printhead (inside):
8730 error - Album on Imgur

Pictures of area where printhead parks/is cleaned:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Using refill adapter I am able to pull ink from cartridges without issue, I have also swapped refillable cartridges with refilled original HP cartridges and it is the same.

When doing initialization (as opposed to printing status page) it seems to report only black color as problematic, not sure if this is because other colors magically fixed themselves, or it simply reports colors which the printer wants to use.

Any tips what could be the cause of this, and if this is repairable?

I have done OOBE reset/initialization at least a few times in a row before finally giving up. Maybe incomplete initialization prevented proper printhead (or neighbouring area) cleaning, and during those 3 weeks of rest (waited for ARC chips to arrive) something dried up. Before turning off the printer I ensured the printhead was in parked position, with all cartridges in place.

Service manual for 8730, or related models, is nowhere to be found, so I am not sure what are the exact places that I could actually try to clean, and how to properly get to them in the first place, so I can at least inspect them.

So far I tried cleaning bottom of the printhead with soaked paper towel (InkTec cleaning solution for HP), but it did not seem to help, I could see all the colors staining paper towel though, so it did not seem like ink flow from the printhead is blocked (or at least completely blocked). There was some buildup of the ink on the bottom of the printhead when I took it out, but that ink did not seem to be dried up.

I also wanted to push cleaning solution directly through each color of the printhead, but I would need to buy more cleaning solution, so I decided to ask here for some directions before I actually go and blindly spend more money, in case it is not related to the printhead itself at all.

Thanks.