Technician

Hp scitex fb 750

Good morning friends,
    I have printhead issue in hp scitex fb750 printer
    Missing in printout, I need to remove the printhead and need a manual cleaning, any body have Experienced this?
    Which solution can use this purpose?
    Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Hp scitex fb 750

Re: Hp scitex fb 750

I would avoid removing the printhead unless you intend to replace it with a new one. You can disconnect the ink and vacuum tubes and put head flush right into the problem printhead. Then reconnect the lines and do a air flush.

If you do remove the printhead, make sure you mark the position of the set screw that controls how that printhead lines up with the others and don't let it move/don't lose its position. Then taking out the head is pretty simple, there's just two allen head screws with washers (don't lose the washers!) that hold it in. Then you push it back some and tip it up from the front.

In my experience with these, there is little you can do to recover a printhead yourself. Just keep blotting the nozzles with head flush, filling and air purging it and hope for the best. I had one with several bad heads that we sent to Global Garage (globalgarage.com) who can repair printheads, and they couldn't fix them either. The only solution was to get new printheads at $3500 a pop.

What we also did was to do away with the light cyan and magenta inks, and just ran the printer using 4 colors, and honestly, it worked better than ever. This way we could put 4 bad heads where the light cyan and magenta were.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Hp scitex fb 750

Re: Hp scitex fb 750

I also wanted to mention... The reason the printer I dealt with had so many bad heads; we had a hurricane that knocked out the power for several days. The battery backup that kept the head vacuum pump running, finally died, and let the ink in the heads drip out of the nozzles and dry. This is the kiss of death to these printheads. They should have been air purged and flushed with headflush before the storm but unfortunately this didn't happen.

Just something to keep mindful of with these beasts.

Kiran