Senior Tech 100+ Posts

L26500 (Latex 260) after replacing the belt get 79:04

After replacing the belt on an L26500 (Latex 260) I get 79:04 right before it gets ready to print a test print. I think there MAY be a printhead problem that is the source, but not sure.

I noticed in one post Kiran states to reseat cartridges, printheads, and RAM. I will try to pull cartridges and printheads and insert them as prompted, and clean printhead contacts. I cleaned carriage contacts before reinstalling printheads after belt replacement.

Interesting: It will print the simpler "test plot" but NOT the "advanced test plot". That makes me think it is a printhead. But I don't know.

Initially on the advanced test plot it would slam the right side and throw up 79:04. I recovered the hard drive and now it ONLY throws up 79:04 without slamming. Not sure there is a relationship. I also tried to reconnect the carriage. Again I think it stopped slamming the right side after the HD recovery.

The specifics are:
    File: /vots/patum/gg/TARGETS/mv140-x86-opt/elektra/penink/pen/Pen/Godzilla/PenDigitalManager.cpp
    Line: 1118
    Class: software
    subclass: assert
    error: assertion
    define: assert_error
    description: assertion: "temp_per > maxim"

Obviously, I only disconnected and reconnected the carriage.

And removed and replaced the printheads. They of course sat out a little while.

I am a bit curious about the encoder strip. There appears to be a tiny black mark on it; don't know that that is of any consequence. I assume it was there before or maybe I got it on there via handling.

Thanks for any insight.

Paul
    Last edited by pbrooks259; 07-03-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    L26500 (Latex 260) after replacing the belt get 79:04

Re: L26500 (Latex 260) after replacing the belt get 79:04

The error certainly seems to talk about the 'pens' (printheads) so yeah, I'd say you have a bad printhead somewhere. Maybe swap them with their sisters and see if something changes.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for your reply.

I think I resolved it by the ol' remove all consumables--ink, printheads, and media--and reinsert them as requested by the printer. None were rejected upon reinsertion. Perhaps one was not making good contact. I don't really know.

Also, I cleaned the printhead and carriage contacts.

So far so good.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Followup: The 79:04 came back--with banging into the right end then throwing up system error 79:04 right before printing a test print. It appears to have been caused by a bad/problematic printhead--LM-M printhead. I swapped it with the adjacent LM-M printhead. Then it started leaking noticeably at the nozzles. Before I saw it leaking it seemed OK--I could not tell it had a problem. The leaking of course made it obvious that I had a bad LM-M printhead.

Also, the bad LM-M was a refurbished printhead from China (of course they are all from China ultimately). I would stay away from those. At 1st 3 of them were quite sketchy but they got continually better. But this one started leaking. I was lured in by the $345 for all 6, so about $57.50 each about half of new OEM on ebay. I won't do it again.