Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P3015 59.50 errors

P3015 59.50 errors

Hey HP guys. I have a p3015 throwing intermittent 59.50 "start up motor" errors. Everything I have read says it's the drum cartridge. I have already replaced it. Has anyone had the fuser cause this or actually had to do something to the drive? I think the fuser rotation would be another code and may not even use the same motor as the cartridge but I am willing to throw darts.

(because of the variety of drive systems out there please only advise on this model not HP in general)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    P3015 59.50 errors

Re: P3015 59.50 errors

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Hey HP guys. I have a p3015 throwing intermittent 59.50 "start up motor" errors. Everything I have read says it's the drum cartridge. I have already replaced it. Has anyone had the fuser cause this or actually had to do something to the drive? I think the fuser rotation would be another code and may not even use the same motor as the cartridge but I am willing to throw darts.

(because of the variety of drive systems out there please only advise on this model not HP in general)
    over the years i have found that ANY part that is run by main drive can pop that code..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P3015 59.50 errors

Re: P3015 59.50 errors

59.50 and 59.60 errors

1. Turn the product off and then on.
    2. Remove toner cartridge and Use the COMPONENT TEST (in the DIAGNOSTICS menu) to test the main motor functionality.
    3. If motor turns freely, have the customer swap the toner cartridge and retest.
    4. If the main motor is causing the issue, replace the printer unit.
      NOTE:

The service manual mentions main motor replacement as an option but this information is NOT correct. If you determine from the COMPONENT TEST in the DIAGNOSTICS menu that the main motor (M8001) is causing the problem and needs to be replaced, you will need order the entire printer unit because the main motor is not orderable as a service part. To order a replacement unit, please check for the correct part number on the service documentation or Part Surfer.