Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP Scitex XL1500 Sudden stopping

Hello everyone,

How are you guys doing?

I need to ask regarding the large format printer XL 1500, we have this strange issue wherein the printing suddenly stops. It is intermittently happening. And it would be random any given time after starting the print, and the carriage location when printing stops is random as well. Somewhere near the home position, sometimes in the middle. We can close the print progress window and can do INIT again and carriage would initialize. PC don't hang, machine don't hang, only the printing stops with no error popping up.

Anyone with experience for this HP printer model? I would love to have your input.

Thank you in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP Scitex XL1500 Sudden stopping

Re: HP Scitex XL1500 Sudden stopping

I've worked on a few Scitex models though not the 1500. I think the first thing I would try is printing from another computer with a new network cable, just to rule out a data issue. Doing a google search, I found at least two other mentions of a 1500 doing what you described, but no solution given. Make sure the doors aren't opening or that the switches at the doors aren't thinking a door is open. You could tape them down to be sure as a test. Is it particularly hot where the printer is operating? If the temperature in the hood exceeds 120F, the printer will stop. Is the encoder strip dirty or damaged? I would suspect in any of these cases you would get a error or message on the front panel.

Maybe give the folks at Global Garage a call and see what they have to say.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Kiran