Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

rejecting new printhead

customer called and said they needed new printhead, went out and installed new printhead. said to reseat printhead installed old printhead said reseat printhead Is this a carrier failure or does something on the carrier need to be cleaned or replaced

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    rejecting new printhead

Re: rejecting new printhead

Would be helpful to know what printer you're talking about!

If it's a HP Designjet, try reseating all of the printheads, and try inserting just the printhead giving you problems and see if it works alone without the others. Then if installing one of the others causes the first one to say reseat, that's the bad one.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

So sorry it's a hp designjet T920 just has 1 printhead probably about a 2 1/2" X 3" block. when I got there it said reseat printhead like someone had removed it and put it back. I installed a new one closed the lid it went back and forth and came back to the place where it parks to replace the printhead.
    in the display it said reseat printhead. when you press the info button it says status---failure ,error code 0X00008. So I can't tell if the part looking at the printhead is damaged , do I need to replace the whole carrier what ???

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    rejecting new printhead

Make sure none of the ink cartridges are empty or low on ink. Pull them out and feel if they have ink in them. The 0x00008 is a voltage issue with the printhead, like a short. When the error is displayed, try pressing X and see if it gives any more info.

Kiran