We have quite a lot of these HP plotters in the field and very few actual mechanical failures, so I found this interesting:

The 20.0:00 is a service-station-side ink supply station failure. On the first trip in I discovered that the left side ink pump motor had thrown it's belt. How easy is that! I re-fitted the belt, put it back together.

So ... not so easy. During initialization the motor howled loudly for a bit then threw the belt again. On the second trip in I noticed that the was-round hole in the plastic motor mount was a bit deformed, probably because the motor is overheating (and howling). Since the motor isn't square with the pulleys anymore it only takes a few revolutions to throw the belt. The actual pump mechanism turns easily enough. When I turn the motor shaft, every once in a while it just won't turn, like there's a broken brush or maybe just something loose in there.

I would have ordered just the motor and mount if you could order such things separately, but this is HP. What was I thinking? Of course it's an assembly.

HP DJ 2530PS ISS1.jpgHP DJ 2530PS ISS2.jpg

Just sharing. =^..^=