Thread: Designjet T520

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Designjet T520

Designjet T520

I have a problem with a T520, the machine would power up and just sit there saying "Printer Starting" with the HP logo spinning, but never came to ready.

So I replaced the MPCA board (new) but now getting blue screen with error C2FE0300

cant really find much on the code apart from maybe firmware issue but i cant update the firmware as the machine is stuck in this state.

Any help would be really appreciated as I don't know a massive amount about these machines.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet T520

Re: Designjet T520

Not sure if this could be your issue, but, I found this on CSN talking about replacing the MPCA:

HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Main PCA service kit issue (APJ and NA)

This document describes an issue with Main PCA service kits delivered to APJ and NA: parts are being delivered without USB Thumbdrive firmware (see picture below).
    Part Number Service part description
    CQ891-67003 AXL MAIN PCA BASIC SV
    CQ890-67023 AXL PRO MAIN PCA SV

Parts can be used, but the engineer must reuse the old Main PCA USB firmware; adding it to the new one before printer repair. The printer will not boot if the part is used without the USB.
    NOTE:

Parts without USB can be recognized by the manufacturing date available in the service kit box.

Manufacturing date on parts without USB: 15th Nov, 2012 - 31st May, 2013.
    HP will fix this issue as soon as possible. New kits will be sent to warehouses, and old kits will be removed from distribution.
    Another message will be released with more information about when the new parts are ready, until then; use the above procedure as a work around.
    If there is a problem removing the USB, or with any of the below procedure; please escalate it to GCC.
    NOTE:

Only the APJ and NA regions are affected.

USB Drive disassembly
    1. From the fault MPCA remove the screw (star-type #0) holding the USB drive.

2. Remove the USB drive by doing a firm Up-Left movement
      CAUTION:

Do not press the USB drive too much as this could damage the connector

USB Drive assembly
    1. Doing a Down-Right movement to push the USB drive to totally insert it in the connector of the good (NEW) Main PCA
      CAUTION:

Do not damage any MPCA part when doing this action, with special attention of the J2 connector close to this zone.

2. Screw the USB drive at the MPCA using the same screw (star-type #0) you remove from the faulty MPCA.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet T520

Not sure on this; my knee-jerk reaction would be to return the main PCA as defective and get another one. Try putting the old firmware USB on the new PCA maybe?

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Designjet T520

The board did come with the USB, I first installed with it in and when it came up with the error I then swapped with the old USB but still same error.

I think your right about the board I will send it back and try another one and hopefully that will work

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffers01 View Post
    The board did come with the USB, I first installed with it in and when it came up with the error I then swapped with the old USB but still same error.

I think your right about the board I will send it back and try another one and hopefully that will work
    Did you ever get this working? I have the same error. I have 2 different new boards, tried a new firmware chip.
    Still the same error.