Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M602 feeds from both trays simultaneously

Feeds paper from both trays during boot up or printing. Both trays meaning trays 2 and 3. No paper in bypass tray. Put another M602 on top of the extra tray and it works fine. Removed feed rollers from trays and it will come to ready. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by BR549; 10-29-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added more info

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

Re: HP M602 feeds from both trays simultaneously

I'd say right off the bat you have solenoids , that are firing at the same time, I say they are probably stuck closed it's worth taking the right side off and see if the solenoids are stuck closed or is something in there, maybe something happened to the machine dropped or something. let me know when you get the right side off. I'd like to know what you saw maybe the solenoid levers are knocked loose.. LET ME KNOW

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i agree with 1stcavvet, during boot up, or print, the main drive turns. so, if the solenoids are stuck down from the bad foam, that will happen. and since you verified that a new tray doesn't do that, i think that points to your culprit.
    yesterday when i read it, i glossed over your tray 3, and was thinking main board.

best of luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replacing tray 2 solenoid fixed it. The network cable was connected when he was booting up so, it must have been trying to print from tray 3 and tray 2 would feed the labels it had loaded at the same time. Thanks for the help guys.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

glad you got it resolved. generally, if the solenoid is stuck down all the time, then when it boots, i would expect it to cycle the paper feeder. then paper is in the machine, and it indicates to clear the jam. but some models attempt to clear it and it would keep feeding. i am surprised that it would attempt to print, when it had paper inside the transport.
    i always carry the solenoids and pick up/ feed rollers for the older boxes. this one seems new for that issue?

in a pinch, scrape off the foam, and put a folded piece of paper in the solenoid. i use super glue to stick it to one side so it says put.

have a good day, Jim