Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP Pro M426dw original not exiting all the way gets stuck with about a 1/2 inch to go

HP Pro M426dw original not exiting all the way gets stuck with about a 1/2 inch to go

Hello, I have a problem with the automatic document feeder. The first original is not quite exiting all the way from where it is supposed to exit from automatic document feeder. The originals as you know actually come out in the area underneath the top tray. The paper only has about a half inch to go but it just does not make it all the way out. The gray rollers just barely grab it too tight or something. You have to pull it slightly to release it. . There is no jam indication. However succeeding originals make it out all the way. It is as though the first page being stuck allows them to slide past. The problem is made worse because page two and succeeding originals come out underneath it and they are in the incorrect order and also get bunched up sometimes because the first original is still hung up. I cleared the path with a light cardboard sheet many times, replaced the feed rollers and pad, but still no luck. Any idea if this a motor slipping or some kind of timing issue?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP Pro M426dw original not exiting all the way gets stuck with about a 1/2 inch t

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Hello, I have a problem with the automatic document feeder. The first original is not quite exiting all the way from where it is supposed to exit from automatic document feeder. The originals as you know actually come out in the area underneath the top tray. The paper only has about a half inch to go but it just does not make it all the way out. The gray rollers just barely grab it too tight or something. You have to pull it slightly to release it. . There is no jam indication. However succeeding originals make it out all the way. It is as though the first page being stuck allows them to slide past. The problem is made worse because page two and succeeding originals come out underneath it and they are in the incorrect order and also get bunched up sometimes because the first original is still hung up. I cleared the path with a light cardboard sheet many times, replaced the feed rollers and pad, but still no luck. Any idea if this a motor slipping or some kind of timing issue?
    how many pages on the ADF?

did you pull the covers off the ADF?

are any of the rollers out of place? sticky?

did you clean the sensors?

Did you run sensor tests?

motors test?

can you post the config pages in PDF format?

Phil B. ' The Dentist '

Re: HP Pro M426dw original not exiting all the way gets stuck with about a 1/2 inch t

Hello, Thank you but I was hoping someone had seen this before. I am a tech but not canon specifically. There is no error or jam indication, so I assumed it was not a sensor. After the first page which gets stuck, the other pages come out correctly underneath it, just not in the right order due to the first page hanging up. Really weird problem!

No one has seen this before? Anyone? Craziest problem I have seen in a long time.

Went out again today. Maybe the logic board got zapped or something. Told them it cannot be repaired as of now. If anyone has seen this and knows the fix please let me know!

Technician

If you look where the originals exit, there should be 2 black belts or bands. I had to replace the whole ADF section to fix that. There is no part number for just the rubber belts. Part no. C5F98-60111

Quote Originally Posted by RMC8112 View Post
    If you look where the originals exit, there should be 2 black belts or bands. I had to replace the whole ADF section to fix that. There is no part number for just the rubber belts. Part no. C5F98-60111
    Thank you, yes, I can see the two rollers underneath the top tray and they feed the original all the way out except about one inch and then they just stop. So the original is hung up just a little bit. Then the second and succeeding originals come out underneath the stuck original ok - they just bypass the rollers. So weird. Something is making the feed roller motor stop too early. So I was thinking it was a board issue. Yes I see that you cannot buy the parts separately, you have to replace the entire feeder. What a shame they made this machine like this. Not so much of a fan of HP these days...