Technician

HP M552DN no yellow or magenta

Hi. I've got a HP M552DN that has no yellow or magenta on the page. All cartridges show 100% and all are genuine HP. I've swapped cartridges with new out of packet. Still the same. Supplies status page shows 100%on both, but no colour. Checked drum earth on the front/top of the cartridges. All look the same and seem to make good contact with the springs. I did place a piece of electrical tape on one of the contacts at the back of the machine, and get a solid yellow print, and magenta respectively. This obviously rules out the cartridge, motors etc. I'm thinking laser related? Can't see any laser shutters that might be closed. Do these have 2 lasers? I'm currently trying yo get hold of the service manual.
    Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP M552DN no yellow or magenta

Try transfer belt, have had problem with other models HP color, certain toners not showing up, been transfer belt. Just had one about 2 weeks ago. Good Luck.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danwood007 View Post
    Hi. I've got a HP M552DN that has no yellow or magenta on the page. All cartridges show 100% and all are genuine HP. I've swapped cartridges with new out of packet. Still the same. Supplies status page shows 100%on both, but no colour. Checked drum earth on the front/top of the cartridges. All look the same and seem to make good contact with the springs. I did place a piece of electrical tape on one of the contacts at the back of the machine, and get a solid yellow print, and magenta respectively. This obviously rules out the cartridge, motors etc. I'm thinking laser related? Can't see any laser shutters that might be closed. Do these have 2 lasers? I'm currently trying yo get hold of the service manual.
    Thanks in advance
    i have the m551xx service manual that model does have two lasers. Did you try disabling cart check and swap toners around? that would tell if it is indeed laser or toner.

can you provide samples in PDF format?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i have the m551xx service manual that model does have two lasers. Did you try disabling cart check and swap toners around? that would tell if it is indeed laser or toner.

can you provide samples in PDF format?
    I've now got a manual. There is only one laser unit. It's not the toners. I've stuck tape over the charge contact on both colours. Get solid colour, that rules out drum cartridge, transfer. Got to be drum earth or laser related I think.