Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M577 Df Scan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

M577 Df Scan

Hi Folks,

i have several M577 Maschines who makes a fine line at the end of the Page when you are
    using the document feeder.

Means: Make a copy of an original with the DF and you will see at the end of the Page a fine line,because
    the DF copys the Paper too fast and the copy is smaller than the original. You will see the end of the Paper.

I changed the Firmware and adjust and calibrate the Document Scanner,but nothing helps.

Any ideas ?

See the example.

DFScan.pdf

Cheers
    Roger

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    M577    Df Scan

Re: M577 Df Scan

hello Roger,

it looks like if some zoom in and out functions are enabled? the print in the pdf seems to be to much left not only the line at the bottom.

this print is not a real good test..

i would print a whole sheet with only "A" Letters. then you can see if the letters at the begining of the page and the end of the page have same size. the same from left to right. messure this.
    My profile is not working at the moment. The profile you see is not mine. Board redirects to a wrong userprofile. So you CANīT REACH ME over the profile via SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE and even not over regular Email too

You only can contact me if you click my name on a post and select PRIVATE MESSAGE straight from there.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    M577    Df Scan

Draw some registration marks on a blank sheet and send back the results. The page you're using isn't very helpful. See image below:

test.pdf

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Draw some registration marks on a blank sheet and send back the results. The page you're using isn't very helpful. See image below:

test.pdf
    Didn't make it from a long time. That's what I used when learning copiers and have to test DFs.
    You only missed the arrow in the middle pointing paper traveling. Now carry one of KM DF setup charts, pretty much the same like one you can draw in 10 seconds.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

M577    Df Scan

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Didn't make it from a long time. That's what I used when learning copiers and have to test DFs.
    You only missed the arrow in the middle pointing paper traveling. Now carry one of KM DF setup charts, pretty much the same like one you can draw in 10 seconds.

I was being lazy and didn't feel like explaining the paper direction arrow. I'm guessing the OP doesn't have a lot of experience or he would have scanned a better original that would have told us something.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    M577    Df Scan

thatīs why i wrote this:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    hello Roger,

this print is not a real good test..

i would print a whole sheet with only "A" Letters. then you can see if the letters at the begining of the page and the end of the page have same size. the same from left to right. messure this.
    My profile is not working at the moment. The profile you see is not mine. Board redirects to a wrong userprofile. So you CANīT REACH ME over the profile via SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE and even not over regular Email too

You only can contact me if you click my name on a post and select PRIVATE MESSAGE straight from there.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I understand what OP means but I feel a bit biased against newer HPs. Everything I touched was a POS.
    Maybe someone with access to tech bulletins can come up with something more useful.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    M577    Df Scan

If it is also cutting off the lead edge, I would suspect that there is a problem with the document feeder paper path sensor 1. If there is a speed difference I would say that either the feeder, the engine or both are set for the wrong paper thickness.

M577    Df Scan

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I understand what OP means but I feel a bit biased against newer HPs. Everything I touched was a POS.
    Maybe someone with access to tech bulletins can come up with something more useful.
    I agree the newer HPs are crap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Folks,

thanks for your answers.I now these Test-Sheets witth the arrows.
    I work since 30 Years on Printers and Large Format Printers and i cant remember to
    see that kind of primitive Products like these HP Printers,which a have to deal with in the last 2 month
    while i need to change the company.

I am in christmas holiday now,and i will send you an example of the Arrow-Test-Sheet a little bit later.

Merry christmas and a happy new year.

Roger