Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M551 poor quality prints


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    28

    HP M551 poor quality prints

    This HP M551 has smeared prints with mixed colors. The problem is visible on the transfer belt as though it is not cleaning properly.

    The transfer unit has been replaced, no help.

    The toner is non HP
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Hard to tell only from the example, but what's the status of the toners ? Even if the machine says they're not done yet, the waste compartments could be full & backing out onto the print & transfer roller. If you're adventurous you could get the drums out & clean out the waste. If not, just replace the toners.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M551 poor quality prints

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,912
    Rep Power
    260

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    This HP M551 has smeared prints with mixed colors. The problem is visible on the transfer belt as though it is not cleaning properly.

    The transfer unit has been replaced, no help.

    The toner is non HP
    1) in 30 years of this, I have RARELY found ANY 3rd party toners that work as expected in a HP unit. Static Control is the one that I have found that works, China crap never does.

    2) you didn't supply any pertinent info life on Drums/Belt/Fuser. China crap uses cheep drums in their units also.

    3) Did you properly clean the machine and calibrate the machine for the new toners (docs tell us to do that with every new toner)

    4) have you checked paper path for scraps of paper/foreign objects that could cause the smearing.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,305
    Rep Power
    150

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    This HP M551 has smeared prints with mixed colors. The problem is visible on the transfer belt as though it is not cleaning properly.

    The transfer unit has been replaced, no help.

    The toner is non HP
    Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Hard to tell only from the example, but what's the status of the toners ? Even if the machine says they're not done yet, the waste compartments could be full & backing out onto the print & transfer roller. If you're adventurous you could get the drums out & clean out the waste. If not, just replace the toners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1) in 30 years of this, I have RARELY found ANY 3rd party toners that work as expected in a HP unit. Static Control is the one that I have found that works, China crap never does.

    2) you didn't supply any pertinent info life on Drums/Belt/Fuser. China crap uses cheep drums in their units also.

    3) Did you properly clean the machine and calibrate the machine for the new toners (docs tell us to do that with every new toner)

    4) have you checked paper path for scraps of paper/foreign objects that could cause the smearing.
    Thanks for honest description.
    As folks replied double check the source of almost all print quality problems - especially with HP products, compatible c.ap.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M551 poor quality prints


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Hard to tell only from the example, but what's the status of the toners ? Even if the machine says they're not done yet, the waste compartments could be full & backing out onto the print & transfer roller. If you're adventurous you could get the drums out & clean out the waste. If not, just replace the toners.
    Here are the supply status reports. Black cartridge is genuine, others are non oem
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP M551 poor quality prints


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1) in 30 years of this, I have RARELY found ANY 3rd party toners that work as expected in a HP unit. Static Control is the one that I have found that works, China crap never does.

    2) you didn't supply any pertinent info life on Drums/Belt/Fuser. China crap uses cheep drums in their units also.

    3) Did you properly clean the machine and calibrate the machine for the new toners (docs tell us to do that with every new toner)

    4) have you checked paper path for scraps of paper/foreign objects that could cause the smearing.
    Black(Genuine) 20%

    Cyan(non HP) 100%

    Magenta(non HP) 40%

    Yellow(non HP) 80%

    Fuser 90%

    Transfer belt is new

    According to the service manual full calibration runs automatically after replacing the transfer belt, maybe I should run it again.

    Will look for foreign objects and paper stuck in machine and re-clean.

    I agree about the non HP toner being undesirable.

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1) in 30 years of this, I have RARELY found ANY 3rd party toners that work as expected in a HP unit. Static Control is the one that I have found that works, China crap never does.
    .
    Static Control cartridges comming from China. Static Control is China. Ninestar bay SCC. Cartridges are not IP safe, most of them are Clones or new build.
    Regarding material, they ar enot made in US like before. They are from China.

    Regarding issue.
    Is that magenta bacgraund on test print? Looking test pages, for sure black cartridge is bad. Black lines comming from K color. Wiper blade or similar. Take picture of OPC.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M551 poor quality prints

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,912
    Rep Power
    260

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by Drivee View Post
    Static Control cartridges comming from China. Static Control is China. Ninestar bay SCC. Cartridges are not IP safe, most of them are Clones or new build.
    Regarding material, they ar enot made in US like before. They are from China.

    Regarding issue.
    Is that magenta bacgraund on test print? Looking test pages, for sure black cartridge is bad. Black lines comming from K color. Wiper blade or similar. Take picture of OPC.
    static control is located in SANFORD NC.... they make the toner there.

    I have been trained there HAVE YOU?

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    static control is located in SANFORD NC.... they make the toner there.

    I have been trained there HAVE YOU?
    Yes, I was there 2009 or 2010 and they pay a air ticet from Europe to US.
    I will give you example

    Look chip from Apex for 43X and from SCC. Same chips, SCC just print U5-2.
    All comming from China now..they are China company. After old man die, son try to reach same level of bussines and he did not sucess. Then he sell company to Ninestar. Maybe something is still in US but not for long. I think they leave Lexmark chips there..

    After that they become our competition and we stop to work with them. I test cartridges from SCC, they are all new build, poor qulaity..they comming from China, Zuhai.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M551 poor quality prints

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,912
    Rep Power
    260

    Re: HP M551 poor quality prints

    Quote Originally Posted by Drivee View Post
    Yes, I was there 2009 or 2010 and they pay a air ticet from Europe to US.
    I will give you example

    Look chip from Apex for 43X and from SCC. Same chips, SCC just print U5-2.
    All comming from China now..they are China company. After old man die, son try to reach same level of bussines and he did not sucess. Then he sell company to Ninestar. Maybe something is still in US but not for long. I think they leave Lexmark chips there..

    After that they become our competition and we stop to work with them. I test cartridges from SCC, they are all new build, poor qulaity..they comming from China, Zuhai.
    SCC is expanding as we speak. The make their own chips there... they make the toner there... the make the PCR's and OPC's there.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here