Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Firmware

Technician

Firmware

I have a customer who has a few CDK (HP) M608 and CDK (HP) M553 printers. These printers have CDK info embedded in the firmware or software so it only wants the CDK brand toners and won't accept the HP toners. I have tried changing the settings for supplies, but still no help. Does anyone have any other options or a way to get the original HP firmware (other than the current firmware listed on the HP site)?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Firmware

Re: Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by CopyTech03 View Post
    I have a customer who has a few CDK (HP) M608 and CDK (HP) M553 printers. These printers have CDK info embedded in the firmware or software so it only wants the CDK brand toners and won't accept the HP toners. I have tried changing the settings for supplies, but still no help. Does anyone have any other options or a way to get the original HP firmware (other than the current firmware listed on the HP site)?
    If feasible what you ask, maybe in an HP authorized service center but I have some doubts that it can only be done by installing a firmware ...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Firmware

Re: Firmware

I have seen instances where the only difference was the location of flange or other raised protrusion on the cartridge that was in a slightly different position and therefore did not actuate the correct cartridge sensor.