Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HP Pagewide Managed P77760Z - Error Code 62.01.13

Hi all

I purchased an used P77760Z, when i initialized the printer, print service needed to be activated. A message is displayed, it will take 22 min aprox. But after a few minutes, it shows the code 62.01.13 - Printhead error.

Does anyone know anything else about this code? Dead printhead? I don't know what to do, I've thought about updating firmware.

Thank you in advance.

Edit. Now it reached 64% print service start up and showed code 62.03.13 instead of 62.01.13.
    Last edited by Renlie; 01-14-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Re: HP Pagewide Managed P77760Z - Error Code 62.01.13

Those are print head temperature errors. Was the machine shipped with all of the packing holding the print head in place and blanks in place of the ink cartridges?
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Those are print head temperature errors. Was the machine shipped with all of the packing holding the print head in place and blanks in place of the ink cartridges?
    Thank you for your message.
    No, the machine was shipped from Portugal to Spain palletized, with empty used cartridges inside it.
    I've upgraded firmware to the latest available, with no success, the error keeps changing everytime, from 62.01.13 to 62.09.13

62.XX.13 (XX changing from 01 to 09 until i gave up trying).

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP Pagewide Managed P77760Z - Error Code 62.01.13

Quote Originally Posted by Renlie View Post
    Thank you for your message.
    No, the machine was shipped from Portugal to Spain palletized, with empty used cartridges inside it.
    I've upgraded firmware to the latest available, with no success, the error keeps changing everytime, from 62.01.13 to 62.09.13

62.XX.13 (XX changing from 01 to 09 until i gave up trying).
    since day 1 on this line of inkjets the printhead was known for excessive failures... the PH is hard as shit to replace and often times fail shortly after replacement.

I wouldn't give my dog one to use.

from an hp forum: Thank you for your query to HP forum. I will try my best to help you.
    This is very likely a print head defect and it is not fixable so you would need to have it replaced. Please call the service center in your country to have your printer replaced if it is till under warranty.

biggest POS's HP EVER MADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    since day 1 on this line of inkjets the printhead was known for excessive failures... the PH is hard as shit to replace and often times fail shortly after replacement.

from an hp forum: Thank you for your query to HP forum. I will try my best to help you.
    This is very likely a print head defect and it is not fixable so you would need to have it replaced. Please call the service center in your country to have your printer replaced if it is till under warranty.

So I guess I do have very little options with these errors

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

In training we were told these will give print head issues if packing isn't used. Never move across a parking lot without print head packing....let alone ship it.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

Old Post but, been there done that. Take the quickly removed exit tray then top cover off exit side of the paper. Turn the power on and if the service sled (sled with cleaning felt belt) doesn't move horizontally tell the customer "you are screwed." A small belt breaks that drives that sled and stops the print head from lowering/raising. HP doesn't sell this belt. I called my HP service Regional manager and he couldn't find it either. 156mm belt with 1 mm pitch and 156 teeth 3mm wide. The one in my shop needs one.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Renlie View Post
    Hi all

I purchased an used P77760Z, when i initialized the printer, print service needed to be activated. A message is displayed, it will take 22 min aprox. But after a few minutes, it shows the code 62.01.13 - Printhead error.

Does anyone know anything else about this code? Dead printhead? I don't know what to do, I've thought about updating firmware.

Thank you in advance.

Edit. Now it reached 64% print service start up and showed code 62.03.13 instead of 62.01.13.

You need to keep the printer in a 20degree room for several hours.
    The large HP pagewides are very picky.

If issue persists the printhead is probably more than what you paid for the second hand device. I think its £1500 list price lol.
    It could possibly be some of the cabling though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    In training we were told these will give print head issues if packing isn't used. Never move across a parking lot without print head packing....let alone ship it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonersniffer View Post
    Old Post but, been there done that. Take the quickly removed exit tray then top cover off exit side of the paper. Turn the power on and if the service sled (sled with cleaning felt belt) doesn't move horizontally tell the customer "you are screwed." A small belt breaks that drives that sled and stops the print head from lowering/raising. HP doesn't sell this belt. I called my HP service Regional manager and he couldn't find it either. 156mm belt with 1 mm pitch and 156 teeth 3mm wide. The one in my shop needs one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    You need to keep the printer in a 20degree room for several hours.
    The large HP pagewides are very picky.

If issue persists the printhead is probably more than what you paid for the second hand device. I think its £1500 list price lol.
    It could possibly be some of the cabling though.
    Hello all.

I will update. Printhead was replaced by HP service, and it was amazingly cheap: less than 600USD.

The new printhead passed 300.000 prints now and still working like a charm.

Thank you all for your help, this is a nice forum.

And nobody tried to repair the printhead. In the same place, some element probably burns out that can simply be replaced, and not completely change the head.