Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Unplug the printer. I'm assuming it's connected via USB?

    Install the UPD using the "USB mode Plug-n-Play" option.

    This option will copy the drivers into the Driver Store and create a "Universal Printer" in Devices.

    Plug your printer back in. Go back into Devices and go to Properties on the "Universal Printer", select the USB port (either USBxxx or DOT_4). Make any other changes as wanted (change printer name for easier recognition).
    P3005 printer still shown "driver is unavailable" and I have NO option to go to printer property to point to the driver.

    On this same system I was able to install the HP CP4005DN network using the HP Universal driver but the P3005 USB is not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,972
    Rep Power
    137

    Re: How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port

    Quote Originally Posted by atadikohp View Post
    P3005 printer still shown "driver is unavailable" and I have NO option to go to printer property to point to the driver.

    On this same system I was able to install the HP CP4005DN network using the HP Universal driver but the P3005 USB is not.
    You are on the wrong page to change the printer driver.

    Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers then you can change the driver etc.

    Screenshot 2021-02-22 195539.jpg
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  3. #13
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You are on the wrong page to change the printer driver.

    Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers then you can change the driver etc.

    Screenshot 2021-02-22 195539.jpg
    So I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers then right click on the P3005 printer Icon and select property there are 2 tabs but no option on update driver or reinstall driver
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #14
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lutherville, MD
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port

    When you right click on the printer in Devices, select Printer Properties.

    Is there a 'Printer Properties' option?

    If not, go here: HP LaserJet P3005 Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP(R) Customer Support and download the USB (DOT4) driver and install it.

    Unplug your printer, install the USB driver and try again. I've not had to install a P3005 on a Windows 10 machine lately and can't remember if it needed the DOT4 driver installed (I know the 1320's do).

  5. #15
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: How to install HP P3005 printer driver on Windows 10 - USB port

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    When you right click on the printer in Devices, select Printer Properties.

    Is there a 'Printer Properties' option?

    If not, go here: HP LaserJet P3005 Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP(R) Customer Support and download the USB (DOT4) driver and install it.

    Unplug your printer, install the USB driver and try again. I've not had to install a P3005 on a Windows 10 machine lately and can't remember if it needed the DOT4 driver installed (I know the 1320's do).
    The DOT4 driver DID it. After install the dot 4 driver and re-connect the USB Cable , Windows 10 automatic installed the correct driver. Thank you Lance15!
    Over 20 years working with all type of printers and I still could not install the printer driver correctly. Isn't it ironic? LOL

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here