HP Laserjet P3015 Prints second page lighter in duplex mode (Intermittent)

Have a customer with a refurb'ed Laserjet P3015 that is now experiencing an intermittent issue when printing in duplex. On the second page, the toner density will be considerably lighter than that of the front side. If I have her print a multi-page document, without using the duplex option, everything is hunky-dory. My internet searches have turned up nothing. Has anybody run into this in the field?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP Laserjet P3015 Prints second page lighter in duplex mode (Intermittent)

Are you sure that it isn't the other way around? If you were getting light prints simplex, and normal prints duplex ... you might have a moist paper issue. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are you sure that it isn't the other way around? If you were getting light prints simplex, and normal prints duplex ... you might have a moist paper issue. =^..^=
    Thanks for the reply! Printing in simplex mode gives beautiful results, on every page. Printing in duplex mode, front side is fine, backside is lighter. This doesn't happen consistently, unfortunately. I have never run into this issue before.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoman View Post
    Have a customer with a refurb'ed Laserjet P3015 that is now experiencing an intermittent issue when printing in duplex. On the second page, the toner density will be considerably lighter than that of the front side. If I have her print a multi-page document, without using the duplex option, everything is hunky-dory. My internet searches have turned up nothing. Has anybody run into this in the field?
    I see many P3015 printer with bad laser scanner assembly.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Assuming you've tried both a different cartridge and different paper? Sounds suspiciously like a moisture or static issue. Just my two cents. That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

MRS

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoman View Post
    Mine is not exactly the same, but yours is the closest post I've found to this problem:
    I have an HP E82560 Laserjet, on duplex copies the second side is much DARKER. I've seen no referrence in the Service Manual to image adjustment for the CIS (backside scanner). I'm thinking of replacing the CIS...

Good Luck!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robob View Post
    Mine is not exactly the same, but yours is the closest post I've found to this problem:
    I have an HP E82560 Laserjet, on duplex copies the second side is much DARKER. I've seen no referrence in the Service Manual to image adjustment for the CIS (backside scanner). I'm thinking of replacing the CIS...

Good Luck!
    is that a single pass scanning ? the 2nd lens might be dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    Assuming you've tried both a different cartridge and different paper? Sounds suspiciously like a moisture or static issue. Just my two cents. That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.

MRS
    $5 coffee? what the hell are you drinking? Starfucks coffee? Try Black Rifle Murdered Out line .. a dark roast that isn't bitter but strong.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    $5 coffee? what the hell are you drinking? Starfucks coffee? Try Black Rifle Murdered Out line .. a dark roast that isn't bitter but strong.
    Only when I am touring and spending time in airports, and even then I prefer Caribou. At home it's Cameron's or Kaldi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    Only when I am touring and spending time in airports, and even then I prefer Caribou. At home it's Cameron's or Kaldi's.
    if I give my dog a cup of Starfucks.. he turns around and tries to bury it.... it has to be the WORST yuppie coffee I have tried.

For me:
    1) Black Rifle
    2) Death Wish