Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor erro

I think I feel ready to do this repair tomorrow/Saturday.

One last question I have, if I need to remove the cartridges and ITB, do they need to be protected from light the time they are outside the printer? Can I lay down several sheets of paper to rest the ITB on while it's out of the printer?

The manual doesn't even seem to suggest removing the ITB or even cartridges, can you really do such a major disassembly with all these user replaceable parts still in or are they just not mentioning they need to be removed?

Wish me luck, I've repaired lots of things in my life but this is the first one that scares me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor error"

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor erro

Yes, the toner cartridges, ITB, paper tray & fuser need to be removed.

The manual doesn't even seem to suggest removing the ITB or even cartridges....
    It's expected you know these parts need to be removed

Good luck.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ccr View Post
    I think I feel ready to do this repair tomorrow/Saturday.

One last question I have, if I need to remove the cartridges and ITB, do they need to be protected from light the time they are outside the printer? Can I lay down several sheets of paper to rest the ITB on while it's out of the printer?

The manual doesn't even seem to suggest removing the ITB or even cartridges, can you really do such a major disassembly with all these user replaceable parts still in or are they just not mentioning they need to be removed?

Wish me luck, I've repaired lots of things in my life but this is the first one that scares me.
    Light isn't going to hurt the ITB. Cover the cartridges so the drums don't get lightshocked. Regarding disassembly, you are going to be removing things from that printer you didn't even know it had. Pay EXTRA CLOSE attention to where FFC's and harnesses originate and plug in. I had a new tech blow up a power supply when I turned my back and he flipped the switch before I had a chance to check his work.

Make sure you have plenty of room. Save the beer for AFTER the repair.

Don't get in a rush. If you've never replaced a fuser drive on one of these it's going to be a learning experience. Take your time and be organized.

Best of luck to you.

MRS

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    Light isn't going to hurt the ITB. Cover the cartridges so the drums don't get lightshocked. Regarding disassembly, you are going to be removing things from that printer you didn't even know it had. Pay EXTRA CLOSE attention to where FFC's and harnesses originate and plug in. I had a new tech blow up a power supply when I turned my back and he flipped the switch before I had a chance to check his work.

Make sure you have plenty of room. Save the beer for AFTER the repair.

Don't get in a rush. If you've never replaced a fuser drive on one of these it's going to be a learning experience. Take your time and be organized.

Best of luck to you.

MRS
    I've looked through the service manual and see there are at least 18 components in the way to remove. One part I expected I haven't seen in the manual is the CBA, you would think with the amount of time you need to work in there they would have put a Coffee Brewing Assembly. Seriously I don't think I'll even want to drink coffee before doing this repair.

Out of curiosity, what caused the power supply to blow up in the case you mentioned?

Thanks for all the info everyone gave me especially the service manual.

I've looked through the service manual and see there are at least 18 components in the way to remove. One part I expected I haven't seen in the manual is the CBA, you would think with the amount of time you need to work in there they would have put a Coffee Brewing Assembly. Seriously I don't think I'll even want to drink coffee before doing this repair.

Out of curiosity, what caused the power supply to blow up in the case you mentioned?

Thanks for all the info everyone gave me especially the service manual.
    I should amend my statement - it was the formatter, not the PS. I was getting same tech, two different machines mixed up (pays to post when you aren't busy with 12 other things.) That said, there is a harness that will plug in a couple of different places - haven't had enough coffee yet to remember which one - but the tech had unnecessarily disconnected the harness at both ends and during reassembly didn't ref the wiring diagram. Boom went the formatter.

MRS

Technician

Disassembly in progress, going well so far but I'm intrigued by this warning:

WARNING! Do not remove the ICB from a product and then install it into a different product. Failure
    to follow this warning will result in severe damage to that product and cause it to be unusable. HP
    recommends that if you remove and replace the ICB, you should destroy the discarded ICB so that it
    can not accidentally be installed in a different product.

Why would that be?

Disassembly in progress, going well so far but I'm intrigued by this warning:

Why would that be?
    Because NVRAM data lives there.

Technician

I'm at the DC Controller PCA and there are many similar/identical plugs next to each other.

Is there a trick to know what cable goes where? I don't feel safe disconnecting any of them until I have a way to be sure I know where they all went.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor error"

I'm at the DC Controller PCA and there are many similar/identical plugs next to each other.

Is there a trick to know what cable goes where? I don't feel safe disconnecting any of them until I have a way to be sure I know where they all went.
    That's why someone suggested you take close up photos of all board connections.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Another way is to use colored markers or colored dot labels to color code the connectors and harnesses. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=