Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor erro

Quote Originally Posted by ccr View Post
    BTW why does the machine have 3 drum motors for 4 drums? I think I read one motor drives two drums but what's the design logic behind this?
    You'd have to ask the engineer(s) who designed it. I'd assume space for one, and for two saving overhead on current to decrease unnecessary load. In a CYMK system colors used to composite/develop an image in order of priority are K, M, C, and then Y, with Cyan and Yellow being used the least. But, as I said, those are just my assumptions. The designers could tell you why they did it that way for sure.

MRS

Technician

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor erro

There's something I forgot to mention, while re-assembling it there are two times I noticed I had cables pinched under a guide or passing at the wrong place so I had to start removing screws and I ended up with 1 screw I couldn't figure out where it went.

Is it worth re-opening it sometime to try to figure where it goes? I think it was mostly re-assembled by then so it wouldn't need as major of a disassembly.

BTW I was surprised to find an unused 4 foot extension cord inside (for the models with a stapler) and that the control panel connects to the machine by standard USB cables inside. I also believe the scanner is connected by a PCI-Express cable, I was expecting ribbon cables for both.

It was actually a great experience fixing this complicated machine, and I absolutely feel ready for it's next failure.

I was wondering, with it being over 15 years old and 100,000 prints (that's probably low for a model like this that's this old), is there anything else I can expect to fail in particular or is it random? I really like this machine and want to keep it several more years despite its age, it still looks and feels very modern.

It's a pocket screw. Put it in your change dish on your dresser and worry about it when you have more pocket screws than change.

As to failures, they are a pretty solid machine, but you could end up with an issue with the ITB itself, the fuser itself, pick/sep rollers. It all depends on usage. That said, it's aging out. Plastic deteriorates, and operating systems stop supporting older machines. But, if you really love the thing that much go for it.

Technician

Wait a minute... I just noticed I'm now listed as a Technician, did a mod think I did such a good job at fixing my machine that I deserved this title?

If so, thank you. Or does the title come with a certain post count?

I must say I impressed even myself, I wasn't sure I'd succeed and thought I'd cause another problem, which I did, but I was able to easily diagnose and fix it.

I'll feel way more confident if ever I need to take this or another color printer/copier apart in the future.

Do most technicians work for companies or are some self employed?

I was just thinking the second most complicated machine I ever fixed is my espresso machine... it's one of those 100% automatic ones that grinds, tamps, brews and dumps the used grinds all at the press of a button.

Wait a minute... I just noticed I'm now listed as a Technician, did a mod think I did such a good job at fixing my machine that I deserved this title?

If so, thank you. Or does the title come with a certain post count?
    Post count. Or, you can go into your profile and change it yourself like on most forum applications.

Smile Re: HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP giving "59.F0 Transfer unit is missing or motor erro

I'm done with re assembly, I did indeed fix error 59.F0, but not entirely surprisingly I caused a new problem.

When trying to make a copy the paper from tray 3 (the optional 500 sheet tray) jammed against something, a second try caused an identical jam, the paper is catching in something. I was just thinking how this machine literally never jammed a single time in 100,000 prints and it now jams 100% of the time.

I didn't play in tray 3 at all, though I admittedly left the printer installed on it during the entire repair.

I just tried a print form tray 2 and it doesn't pickup paper at all and says "Error 13.30.00 - Jam in tray 2"

What could be causing these new problems?

ng that should be turning because the paper gets pulled from tray 3 and seems to jam against the next set of rollers instead of being pulled in by them. This may also explain whI'm starting to think it's a set of rollers that isn't turniy Tray 2 doesn't pickup at all. Is it a motor plug I didn't plug in right?

Edit: I was right about a set of rollers not turning. I looked at the DC controller PCA plugs to find which could be the responsible motor and one was called "pickup motor" on connector J131, I inspected it (happy I decided to test it with all covers open) and indeed connector J131 was in crooked, turned machine off, resat J131, restarted and it works like new.

HP Color LaserJet CM3530 working after replacing fuser drive assembly for 59.F0 error - YouTube

Now that it's fixed I printed photos from my computer and forgot how high the resolution is on this printer, it's near photo quality. Lower end lasers are nothing like the print quality from this higher end one (I'm using it in a home office so it's very high end for me).

Thanks a lot to everyone that helped me, I don't think I could have done it without you and the service manual was tremendously helpful, I know I would have left several plugs unplugged without it.
    Fantastic, you were right, for me, the J131 wires got pulled & un-plugged at the feed motor, behind the DC power supply. I had to remove the dc controller to get at the high voltage board to remove it to finally get to the transfer belt solenoid clutch that was sticking from the quiet pad disintigrating & turning to glue & I removed the gue & the 59 error went away.